a little sample of what's coming. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
This is just a sample pic of what's coming. I've finished my Revell 1:48 scale P-40 Tigershark. I've painted this one in the scheme of the AVG Flying Tigers. now, I know it kinda looks like crap (because I had to spray the got damn thing like 3 times to get the color right. since I have limited resources to get the right color. first I bought a brown color in which I thought would be a nice color. boy howdy was I wrong! it was too reddish. so I went to Wal Mart and got this paint can that is used for other stuff, and I figured it would be light enough. and I was wrong yet again!. it was too bright! so I went back to Michael's where I got the first can of paint and got this color called "Wood" and I thought "hey, this could work. and boy howdy, it did work! hell, I was like frickin' Goldilocks with the paint for the past 3 damn days. "hmm, this one's too dark, this one's too bright, ohhhh this one's juuuuust right! *gets shot*

ahem, ANYWAYS, this is my first time doing camouflage, and I think I did a pretty good job of the pattern. I just wish I had better skills in using masking tape and spraying the color instead of just painting it on with the paintbrush. hell, i don't even have an airbrush for small details and such.

so anyways, enjoy, don't enjoy, shoot me for making it look so crappy, etc. I don't care XD

and putting the shark mouth on was kinda fun, lol I thought it would be hard, but it was kinda easy. and if I messed up, hey I had a spare sharkmouth left over from the previous P-40 I built! LOL (yes, I keep my decals in case I need them)

EDIT: the dumkopf that i am, I forgot the freaking pic XD
HPIM0439.jpg

Looking good mate.

Yup keep all your spare decals they can come in handy. I have a plastic sleeve full of them.

Looking forward to more updates. :)

ok, anyone like the pics?

Very nice mate! One thing though -Only the Allies had yellow tips to the prop blades, German props being straight RLM 70 Schwarzgrün (Black-green)

oh, haha thanks for tellin' me! I never knew that. XD

Hallo Robert,

I have just found your pics here and on the DeviantArt.Looking good for me.:D Good work mate.ALthough I have had to agree with A4K that aircraft of LW had their props RLM70 painted.I think you can correct the prop blade tips.I'll send you mail via my regular to discuss something about P-40.

Anyway I like these model.:D :D

thank you, Wurger!. hehe I did fix the swastika on the BF109 after I took the pics. I never fixed the props yet. am curious as to why the allies had painted prop tips.

I....truthfully don't know, cheese. XD

I wonder if the Germans had any fatalities with that?

Heh....I was beginning to wonder if it was just the late hour and lack of caffeine in my system (or too much blood in my caffeine supply, as we'd say in the Navy). I too thought the 109's rear end looked a little lopsided. But who am I to judge? *g* I suck at modeling! Looks frikkin awesome to me, Trebor!!!

Was it normal to have an upper wing bulge for the wheel assembly on a G model??

When they introduced bigger wheels of main landing gear and tail to G-2 these upper wing bulges appeared.What is more, these got bigger and bigger up tu K-4 version which had the biggest ones.

Good info Wojtek! I wanted to say the same, but wasn't sure which version of the -G first received the larger wheels.

Love your new siggy RA !

..And you're not an idiot Matt !!! Or if you are, then give me a funny hat and call me one too..!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back