A new book in my library. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Recently purchased cheaply 3 ...non-WW2 books... (shock horror)

The Complete Roman Army;
an historical source book that adds much to my understanding and details specific aspects of life, battle, famous events, tactical differences between the maniple and the legio, armour, weapons, tied together with historical facts and some archaeology.

Eastern Mythological Encyclopedia;
fables, Gods Spirits of the Ancient Egypt, Middle East, India, China, Japan South East Asia; 'Does as it says on the can' (*ahem*...book) listing Gods, main/major spirits and other Deities of said cultures, from 3,000 BCE to now mostly revolving around the supossed 3 'great' *warlike* monotheistic's, and from Buddism, Shinto, Zorastrianism, Balanese and others...

The English Civil War (A Peoples War);
a book that follows the events of all sides leading upto, through and after the great slaughter from many insights person, poor to rich, cavalier to roundhead and others written akin to a novel in style with some good images and folios within.

Last edited:
Wowza Vick lol, if humour wasn't implied , methinks you ripped the proverbial belt off to be allowed to hit where you wished with that 'un; just like playing Speedball on the Megadrive, pass to the goalie, beat him up as he catches the ball then casually walk the ball across the goal line once the goalie is down.

Last edited:
I've look at that series before, is it worth it?

Depends David on what you are interested in. Has info on fronts the units went to. Formations and redesignations, Commanders, Key operations, Codes and emblems. Pictures of some units. Lists most if not all sources on where info came for each unit. Its the best series of books I have found that deals with Luftwaffe bombers and dive bombers for time period of operation.

Me I have always been interested in bomber aircraft so for me these books are a must.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread