A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice haul there Wayne, and thanks guys.

Terry and David, here is a scan from page 83 of the book Consolidated Mess. I believe you both have the book so this will give you an idea of the scan. I bought mine for about 48 dollars including shipping and handling. I keep my normal mouse and use it as primary and keep the scanner mouse in a little pouch on my desk to keep it clean and only use it for scanning though you can use it as your primary mouse if you like but the scanner button is easy to bump. I am still playing with it but it will do a full normal full page if I remember right. For me I think I am done with a flat bed scanner unless I really want high quality but to me this does just fine. I haven't played with it but supposedly you can edit text and add text to you scan as well. As I said I just got it yesterday and really have not had a lot of time to play with it but so far I love it. This scan is about 1.6 meg so it does pretty high quality scans.

Attachments

• Scan_January-1-2015-7-41-55-006-AM.jpg
    Scan_January-1-2015-7-41-55-006-AM.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Paul, that's impressive !
I think I'll be having a look or one of those in the not too distant future. If I scan a page from a book on my flat-bed, it can be quite uncomfortable, often painful, having to hold the book in place under the cover, if it's heavy or off-balance, to prevent it slipping off the scanner. Holding a book in place whilst the scanner does its stuff does not mix well with Rheumatoid Arthritis, so anything which makes life easier, and less painful, is welcome !

Thanks Terry, yeah I am surprised I haven't heard or seen these sooner. Everybody I talked to in stores looked at me like I was stupid when I asked if they had any. Here is a pick of my mouse and the new one side by side. Really not much difference. Great for those that don't have a lot of desk space.

Attachments

• HPIM2772.JPG
    HPIM2772.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 60
Super nice stuff guys. Love the buys.

I am not able to build my library at will. I tend to add books based on my planned builds.
I want to begin building my Tamiya P-51D in the new year along with a BF109. I have some pretty good references on the 109 but need some good info on the P51. Thus I picked up the following.

14.jpg

Last edited:
Nice haul there Wayne, and thanks guys.

Terry and David, here is a scan from page 83 of the book Consolidated Mess. I believe you both have the book so this will give you an idea of the scan. I bought mine for about 48 dollars including shipping and handling. I keep my normal mouse and use it as primary and keep the scanner mouse in a little pouch on my desk to keep it clean and only use it for scanning though you can use it as your primary mouse if you like but the scanner button is easy to bump. I am still playing with it but it will do a full normal full page if I remember right. For me I think I am done with a flat bed scanner unless I really want high quality but to me this does just fine. I haven't played with it but supposedly you can edit text and add text to you scan as well. As I said I just got it yesterday and really have not had a lot of time to play with it but so far I love it. This scan is about 1.6 meg so it does pretty high quality scans.

Not bad at all, thanks Paul!

Just ordered these today. Should be interesting I hope :)

By the way for those that where interested the scanner mouse it works great for single pictures and such but doing a full page scan is very hard. Flat base scanners still needed. Only thing I really have found that I do not like with that mouse.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    263.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.bmp
    148.8 KB · Views: 101
Looks interesting Paul - don't often see much of the Blenheim MkV.
These two arrived today - brand new, and picked up for only £4.99 each, when normal retail price is £12.99 each. Can't sniff at that!

Attachments

• Buys 387.jpg
    Buys 387.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Buys 388.jpg
    Buys 388.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 68
Looks interesting Paul - don't often see much of the Blenheim MkV.
These two arrived today - brand new, and picked up for only £4.99 each, when normal retail price is £12.99 each. Can't sniff at that!

Nice ones Terry and thanks, the Blenheim one is suppose to be stories about the SAAF in North Africa if I remember right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back