A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some good stuff here chaps.

Got this for Christmas, from my youngest daughter. A facsimile reproduction of a 1945 original, including the 'damage' to the 'dust jacket'.

Buys 465.jpg

What the hell? (That second to last book?)

Honestly Jim, I am hoping its not a fiction book. I read one review that it had some great pictures in it and then the review on amazon by a reader says it goes up to Ronald Regan so makes me think of a fiction book. I found it for a decent price so hoping for the best. To be called up again is where I get suspicious. Suppose to arrive on Monday. Below is what's provided by Amazon info which I have found is not always right. Worst case scenario is I will sell it to the half price book store and get some of my money back. I have a few books I don't want any more and a few duplicates to get rid of.

Within months of the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Jimmy Doolittle lead his squadron of B-25's off the deck of the USS Hornet on a raid into the heart of the enemy. As the war in the Pacific progressed, B-25s, retrofitted with twelve 50 caliber machine guns, swept in at treetop level to wreak devastation on enemy shipping and airfields at Rabaul, New Guinea, Borneo, The Philippines and Formosa. Now, in another century, against another enemy, but again in the same locale, they were on a super-secret mission which would never be reported and officially denied. The Mighty B-25 Mitchell Bombers were, for the last time, out against a distant enemy in a distant land. Again those who would stifle freedom had launched a series of extremist's attacks on America and her allies. Old, but still very useful, the WW II planes and the veteran pilots who had flown them are called upon again to defend freedom. For both man and machine, this would be the old warriors' last hurrah.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back