A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt Vick turned me onto the signal books IIRC, I have found I much prefer the Walk Around series as opposed to the In Action series, at least as a source of good reference photos.

Got to agree if for model builders, great reference source that's for sure.. Problem I have with both series is it always leaves me wanting more LOL

Got to agree if for model builders, great reference source that's for sure.. Problem I have with both series is it always leaves me wanting more LOL
They do leave a little/lot behind in the content area, but unless I am mistaken I think their target market for both series is indeed model builders. I am happily searching away on the interwebs for a more detailed operational history of the PBY myself. WW2 era specifically, as I am not all that interested in their postwar usage.

Robert you may find this one interesting then. Lots of pictures on the inside of the aircraft and around. Similar to the walk around but with more though you will have to shop around for a good price. They are a good series of books on specific aircraft and I have a few of this type in my library though I don't have this specific one in my collection yet. I believe I have the P-39. Hellcat and B-25 of the series to name a few that I can think of.

Well I have been looking for this book for a long time. I finally found a good copy at a very decent price that I was willing to pay. A lot of great stuff in this book.

Thanks guys, Robert the Crowood series do produce some good books.

Nice ones Jim, curious on the Japanese one!

Good stuff...I'm with Paul....show us more Jim....

If I may Jim.....Pictures...you want pictures? You got em. Profiles....you want profiles?....you got em. Colour plates.....you want....you get the picture. 274 pages of em, all the captions in Japanese, though oddly enough, the chapter titles are in English. Several pics or pages devoted to each aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread