A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just finished reading this 1959 vintage book about the events of June-December1940 and the threat to the UK of invasion by Hitler's forces.

41H4064ADTL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It provides a thoughtful (and thought-provoking) assessment of the German threat and British response. I found it to be pretty well balanced, the author pointing out obvious logical/capability flaws on BOTH sides, often with humour thrown in. My only gripe is his final "what if" analysis which is rather binary and would benefit from a "third way" scenario of the Luftwaffe maintaining focus on radar stations and sector airfields, and the potential of toppling the Churchill government if that persistence paid off. I think this book best captures the rapidly evolving situation in Britain during the crucial months from the Fall of France to the winter of 1940. Definitely one to add to your collection if you're interested in this period.

Out of interest, the author is the brother of Ian, of James Bond fame.

Courtesy of daughter No.2

IMG2837.jpg

Chris Goss, so although I've only had a quick look it's sure to be a decent and illuminating read.

Not really my thing the 'Condors', so I'm sure to learn something new :)

Great cover (I've cut a bit off to square it up), reminiscent of the old Airfix box tops!

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back