A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20170829_204551.jpg

Beautiful color shots...

20170829_204432.jpg

German aircraft used by the Regia Aeronautica. Great pictures of RA Dornier night fighters yo!

20170829_204313.jpg

A great, but incredibly sad book.

20170829_204148.jpg

A 10 year reissue with about a 100 new pages (?). And honestly guys...can anyone get enough Do 335? Not this guy!

I know this isn't the usual fare for this thread...but it is a book and it's newly added to my library.

516PzSWrQgL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've been doing some family history research lately and have come to the conclusion that I must have the most boring family on the face of the planet. I can trace my ancestors back to around 1700 and, almost without exception, they were born, lived and died within a 7 mile radius of where I grew up in St.Helens.. Essentially, my family's story is closely aligned with the development of the town during the industrial revolution (hence the book). There are no great heroes in my family tree and virtually all my family were simply poor, working-class people who ground out their lives on the canal, in the coal mines, glassworks and chemical factories of my home town.

I realize this probably isn't of interest to anyone else on the forum...but thought I'd share. For the record, the book was written in 1954 and is actually quite excellent (and far more readable than I was expecting).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back