A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked these up today.

HPIM3281.JPG
HPIM3282.JPG

Why I love Half Price Books:
Eight volume set IMPACT - The Army Air Forces' "Confidential" Picture History of World War II

$30

This is a bound reproduction of the magazine circulated to air force units during the war.
Lots of BDA pictures. What's cool is that there is extensive coverage of those forgotten fronts that have not garnered much coverage post war.

Last edited:
Fergusson's book on his Guadalcanal experiences is well worth the time invested. It's not the greatest war memoir but the rare pics of P-400s alone are worth the price of the book. His eyewitness accounts of the extreme measures taken by USAAF and USMC personnel to keep the aircraft flying provide a unique insight into what became an incredible victory.

Fergusson's book on his Guadalcanal experiences is well worth the time invested. It's not the greatest war memoir but the rare pics of P-400s alone are worth the price of the book. His eyewitness accounts of the extreme measures taken by USAAF and USMC personnel to keep the aircraft flying provide a unique insight into what became an incredible victory.

Thanks for the info Buff, I was thinking it might be the next one I start to read :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back