A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Couple of new arrivals today.

HPIM3286.JPG

Generally the thread is about the WW2 books. If your books are of the WW2 era and have been bought recently , why not?
Greeting sir.

How are you?

No.

I only have less than 5 books about ww2.

they are really really hard to find.

But lots of books about Iran / Iraq war. 100 % in Persian.

I should open a new topic or send them here?

Hello,

THX I'm fine.

These of the WW2 you may post here but those about Iran/Iraq war don't seem to be relevant for posting here. Also please note that the title of the thread is " New book in my library ". The "New" means "just bought".

Last edited:
Just received this one a few days ago:

418WbOIyzmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If any are unfamiliar with this series, it provides a brief individual airframe history for the aircraft types within the serial range (in this case K1000-K9999). This volume covers an diverse mix of types including as the Vildebeest, Wellesley, Hart, Hind, Audax, Fury, Bulldog, Heyford, Hector, Gauntlet, Gladiator, Blenheim, Spitfire, Shark, Wapiti, Whitley and several others. It's been OOP for some time so prices can be a bit spendy but I picked this up for what I believe was a reasonable price....and I'm really glad I did.

My one gripe is nothing to do with the book but with USPS. The vendor was in Fairfax, VA, and I live in Leesburg, VA, about 30 miles away...and yet delivery went via Greensboro, NC, Capitol Heights, MD and Washington DC before finally getting to Leesburg....and then another day to get it to me from there. Got to wonder at the logic of such a route. :)

Last edited:
The Vildebeest section covers individual airframe histories for most of the airframes that served in the RAF. Some 6 contracts are identified covering the vast majority of Vildebeest production, comprising:

13 Mk I (out of total of 22)
30 Mk II (entire Mk II production run)
106 Mk III (out of total of 150)
10 Mk IV (out of total of 18)

The following chapter covers all 197 Vickers Vincent airframes delivered to the RAF.

No drawings but it does include a number of pics I hadn't seen before. The purpose of the volume is purely to provide a textual summary of each airframe's usage in the Service with pics only for illustrative purposes (ie there's no attempt to show a photograph of every airframe - the book's already 450+ pages long as it is!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back