A new book in my library. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been a busy week!

IMG_20171230_100217.jpg

The one on the left just showed up today. The one the right last year. By comparing the two they do have different formats which is interesting including some different pictures. The first one looks to have more pictures and info on the few missions flown with the two B-32 Dominators they received.

I just finished reading Warpath across the Pacific by Lawrence J Hickey and really enjoyed it so hoping his Rampage of the Roarin 20's is just a good but will do the older book first before reading the Hickey one.

HPIM3301.JPG

The one on the left just showed up today. The one the right last year. By comparing the two they do have different formats which is interesting including some different pictures. The first one looks to have more pictures and info on the few missions flown with the two B-32 Dominators they received.

I just finished reading Warpath across the Pacific by Lawrence J Hickey and really enjoyed it so hoping his Rampage of the Roarin 20's is just a good but will do the older book first before reading the Hickey one.

View attachment 477819
There's no such thing as finished. You just keep going back over and over and over. At least that's my experience.
I like to read the early post war unit histories, then compare to the most modern scholarship on the subject.

There's no such thing as finished. You just keep going back over and over and over. At least that's my experience.
I like to read the early post war unit histories, then compare to the most modern scholarship on the subject.

Very true Greg, I think I have reread Pappy Gunn 3 times now by Nathan Gunn and learned new things each time.

Not my usual fare but a Christmas treat to myself. Having recently discovered a relative was a fighter pilot in WW1, I couldn't resist a book that has photos of 2 actual airframes that he flew:

518Y9-8xCXL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you have ANY interest in British military aviation during the First World War, this is DEFINITELY a book you'll want in your personal library. It's lavishly illustrated with many photos that have never previously appeared in print, together with some lovely profiles at the back of the book. As always for a Schiffer book, production quality is extremely good - nice, thick, glossy pages with excellent reproduction of the images and artwork. It's not a cheap book but I scored mine for $65 from a veteran-owned second-hand book store....and I figured it was a good investment in both directions! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back