A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I finally found a copy I was willing to pay for. I have been looking for a copy of this book in decent shape for a while now and finally have it. The author was a navigator bombardier with the Marine 611 squadron from its organization in 1943 to its decommissioning in late 1945. As of right now I have about 4 different books in different stages of reading and now they will all wait some more as I really going to jump into this one. From the brief page skimming I read he does not hold back on some of the realitys of war that a lot of books don't tell about so should be interesting plus seems to have quite a bit of data. Time will tell

HPIM3315.JPG

Shipping from the UK shouldn't be too bad for books Jim. I've sent stuff to the US and Canada that only cost, on average, £6 - just over $8 US.
Most UK dealers will ensure that books are sent as 'printed matter', which has a, or had, a lower rate. Even if that has now been scrapped, and the rate is calculated on size/weight, I wouldn't expect more than £9 max to send books.

Very nice selection Paul. Interested in the first Ki.43 book

George, the book has arrived but got to be honest. I was disappointed in it. There are no color profiles in the book. The profiles they do show are just circles with different patterns on the drawings letting you basically guess what the colors should be. Paper quality is not the highest either. Pictures could have been sharper if they had used a semi gloss paper. Another disappointment was there was no details on the aircraft them selves such as dimensions and spec's. If you are looking for a book on the Ki-43 than I recommend Richard M Bueschel's book by Schiffer. Way cheaper in price and more bang for your buck though they do not have any color profiles in there book either and no major spec's as well. It does have semi gloss pages and more pictures So far its the best one I found so far on the Ki-43 in English which is also pictured below though both could have been better.

All the best
Paul

HPIM3316.JPG
HPIM3317.JPG

If you want colour profiles on the Ki-43, I would recommend the Osprey "Aircraft of the Aces" book by Nick Millman. Yes, it only covers aces...but it's a great volume and has a lot of general operational history of the type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back