A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dave,

You may want to put Luftwaffe Over America on the back burner, I have this book and it's almost unreadable. Maybe because of the translation from German, but whatever it is the only redeeming fact I took away from it was a confirmation that the JU-390 DID NOT fly all the way across the Atlantic to within 12 miles of NYC.

Just my opinion though...

Regards, Jim

Hi,
just added the following books to my collection:

The second from the top is a 300 pages book and tells the history of Campoformido airport (North-east Italy) from 1943 till 1998 and includes the struggle of 1st Gruppo Caccia ANR against the overwhelming allied air-force, as well as the not easier years of reconstruction of the Italian air-force. Unfortunately is written in Italian only, so a bit of a problem if you do not speak the language. But there are many interesting pictures too.
Alberto

Great book Dave, got a copy last year.
This arrived today, a surprise Birthday present from Max and Barbara - I'm well pleased. Need to get more book shelves now!
Yes, got that one as well some years ago. Nice one.
Sweet purchases fellas!

Purchases for the past several weeks:

I've always have been ignorant to the American volunteers during the BoB, The Few was a great read for me.
I also got the Few in Dutch translation last year. Easy to read and very interesting.

I bought myself this one:

Attachments

• buffaloes-over-singapore-raf-raaf-rnzaf-and-dutch-brewster-fighters-in-action-over-malaya-and-th.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 131
Looks like a good book, Marcel...one subject that rarely gets attention. You always hear how the Brewster sucked in U.S. service, and how well it did with the Finns, but rarely it's Allied service in the Pacific.

Wayne...I am jealous!!!

Friend of mine grabbed these two for me today, from a charity shop - £10 for the pair!
The first is a huge volume, with a wealth of interesting photos, many in colour, and was originally £25 when published in 1990.
The second is a slightly unusual work, being a folio covering 25 surviving members from the Battle of Britain. Each one has a brief history, a silhouette cameo portrait, a handwritten account of an action, and colour photo of some personal memorabilia.
The original edition was published in 1990, the 50th Anniversary of the BoB, as a limited edition of 410, at a price of £1,600 per copy !
It was then the most expensive (current) book in the World, although I seem to recall that each copy was personally signed, and accompanied by other artefacts. All proceeds went to the RAF Benevolent Fund.

Attachments

• Can Jan 586.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Can Jan 589.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Can Jan 598.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 78
  • Can Jan 597.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 76
  • Can Jan 596.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Can Jan 595.jpg