A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VB, tell me how that LW Handbook by Price does. Price is a good author and I have a few of his books but never heard of that one.

Still waiting for the Emblems book I ordered way back when. Sending it out at the end of the month. Watching through the window and the postman just gives me a disgusted look when he sees me.

VB, tell me how that LW Handbook by Price does. Price is a good author and I have a few of his books but never heard of that one.

It's really not bad. The edition I have was published in 1977, but I believe the other is from 1986. It does a pretty good job of giving an overview.

Still waiting for the Emblems book I ordered way back when. Sending it out at the end of the month. Watching through the window and the postman just gives me a disgusted look when he sees me.

Me too! It feels like I ordered this thing years ago!

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I just received this book:

Tutti gli aerei del Re.jpg

The title means: "All King's planes" and it's exactly what the title says: a sort of bible including all aircraft produced or even just designed in Italy during WW2.
Unfortunately it's in Italian only, but if you are looking for information, for instance on the Reggiane 2006, just let me know and I will probably able to help you.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
I just received this book:

<cover image of "Tutti gli aerei del Re">

The title means: "All King's planes" and it's exactly what the title says: a sort of bible including all aircraft produced or even just designed in Italy during WW2.
Unfortunately it's in Italian only, but if you are looking for information, for instance on the Reggiane 2006, just let me know and I will probably able to help you.
Cheers
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I have always been interested in Italian aircraft of WWII and good reference books on them are hard to find. I have done some searching to find "Tutti gli aerei del Re" but have not had any luck. Do you know of any place where an American, such as myself, could purchase the book? Sadly, I do not speak or read Italian but I can learn and pictures are a universal language.

Thank you,

Hi Bill,
first, I got my copy from e-bay and this is the link:
eBay Italia - Aste online e shopping a prezzo fisso
and there are two more copies available.
By the way, there aren't many pictures unfortunately , just three of for per subject and they are small of average quality.

An other option is this book in English, still on e-bay:
Regia Aeronautica, Chris Dunning, New | eBay
I have the Italian copy, it's a good book, but with some historical inaccuracies but is better then nothing if you are interested in the subject.
Also there are nice books on specific subjects, you could find them for instance here:
La Bancarella Aeronautica
Most of them are bi-lingual.
Hope the above will be of some help for you.
Cheers
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for the links. I have the Dunning book as well as some others and I ordered the the Vinerba book even though it does not have many pictures. It is just more incentive to learn Italian. Thank you again!

Looks like everyone is scoring some great reads!

I was at B&N browsing around, and found an awesome book on the universe...I've always been fascinated by the enormity of what lies beyond our world and this book is just about as awesome as it can possibly get! There's 1001 high-res photos of everything from our moon to the most distant galaxies. There's even photos of planets circling distant stars!

So for any of you space buffs (or anyone that's interested in space), this 400 page book is total eye candy and a must-have :)
The author is Pierre Bizony and published by Metro Books ISBN: 978-1-4351-3244-3

IPD 106[450x448].jpg

And if you're wondering what this might have to do with a WWII forum, here's the connection...

While I was waiting in line to pay for my book, I look down at the clearance rack and spot an awesome book on tanks of WWII! It covers 35 AFV's deployed on all fronts of the war and includes coverage of several tracked and semi-tracked machines plus covergae of the Wehrmacht's Schwimmwagon. Each tank has a 7-view CGI layout that includes a specification table and history of that vehicle, and is supplemented with actual photos of it in action.

The book has 224 pages authored by Martin Dougherty and is published by Metro Books. ISBN: 978-1-4351-3246-7

IPD 105[450x336].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back