A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today's receipts, also thanks to Paul for the headsup on the He 177 book. I have to admit I've been pretty impressed with the Classic Luftwaffe Series:

Attachments

• Book27.jpg
    Book27.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 108
Nice ones David.

Remp's book is pretty good but beware that a lot more work has been done to correct some of the factual errors in this and other books on the He219. If you're interested in more up to date work, try to get hold of a copy of "The Heinkel He 219: A Research Paper" by Ron Ferguson.

Last edited:
Cool! VB, you'll find that 262 book pretty interesting. Its a Smithsonian book, so essentially its about the 262 they have at the musuem BUT it does go into Messerschmitt history, jet history and at the end, the contemporiaries of the 262. Nice book! But take the info with a wary eye as it was written 20+ years ago and some 'facts' have changed. :)

Thank's I appreciate the headsup on the book and thanks Aaron - but I'm already there! :evil4:

Today's receipt. This is by far the best book I've found on German Helicopters. I'd love to find the like for American ones.

Attachments

• German Helo.jpg
    German Helo.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Today's receipts. The ones on Ju-287 The Do-335 are part of the Luftwaffe Classics series, which I really enjoy and a big thanks to Capt Vick for helping me to figure out which one was #14 (Ju-287).

The next two I bought because of a thread that went off topic and made references to the B-32 being used as a gunship during the planned invasion of Japan. Unfortunately the thread quickly went south and was locked up before any facts and data could be presented. Turns out there is some truth to it. In the book Hell To Pay by D. M. Giangreco and published by Naval Institute Press, it talks about due to the shrinking number of strategic targets, the USAAF was going to switch the heavy bombers from strategic to tactical use and they would carry minimal bombs. Another interesting tidbit was I've always read how the Japanese were short on fuel in 1945, but they actually had almost 1.2 million barrels stored awaiting for use in the final invasion of Japan. It's actually a pretty interesting book so far.

Attachments

• book28.jpg
    book28.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back