A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne I finally got my copies in the mail today.

HPIM3560.JPG

Last one is over due on the subject. Little bit about it. Weights 5 lbs and well over 400 pages. Looking forward to reading this one especially on the B-25's in this theater.

During World War II, flying B-24 Liberator bombers on missions deep into Burma, B-25 Mitchell bombers attacking Japanese lines of communications, and P-40 Warhawks, P-47 Thunderbolts, and P-51 Mustangs flying close support for General Joseph Stilwell's Chinese and American forces in northern Burma, the Tenth Air Force worked closely with the squadrons of the Royal Air Force to push the Japanese out of Burma. The first comprehensive history of the Tenth Air Force and the Army Air Forces, India-Burma sector, this book covers these operations in the context of Allied strategic objectives for prosecuting the war in China and Southeast Asia.

HPIM3561.JPG

Last one is over due on the subject. Little bit about it. Weights 5 lbs and well over 400 pages. Looking forward to reading this one especially on the B-25's in this theater.

During World War II, flying B-24 Liberator bombers on missions deep into Burma, B-25 Mitchell bombers attacking Japanese lines of communications, and P-40 Warhawks, P-47 Thunderbolts, and P-51 Mustangs flying close support for General Joseph Stilwell's Chinese and American forces in northern Burma, the Tenth Air Force worked closely with the squadrons of the Royal Air Force to push the Japanese out of Burma. The first comprehensive history of the Tenth Air Force and the Army Air Forces, India-Burma sector, this book covers these operations in the context of Allied strategic objectives for prosecuting the war in China and Southeast Asia.
How is the 10 th AF book? Could you post some pics of the index?

How is the 10 th AF book? Could you post some pics of the index?

Only had the book for about an hour. Nice clear big pictures. The hard cover book has the same printing on the cover as the dust cover. Here is the index. Hopefully you can read it. I didn't want to reduce the size to much so you can read it.

img006.jpg
img007.jpg
img008.jpg

Hey Paul, missed your earlier post, Glad you got them.....!

reading Operation I-Go at the moment, excellent as usual.

Vol 4 of South Pacific Air War has just been released here so will be looking for a copy over the coming weeks.....

No problem Wayne, yeah I saw that it was supposed to be released in January here. According to Amazon both of these as well though I would be surprised if both 2 and 3 released in same month. I will have to get all three though when they come out :)

1a.jpg
2a.jpg

20201123_130506.jpg

The Argentine radial engined Mosquito, that is NOT an Argentine radial engined Mosquito.
20201130_185210.jpg

Nice pickup at the Cradle of Aviation Museum...
20201130_185231.jpg

...and look who Mr. Doyle thanks. None other than our very own Dana Bell. Boy that youngster is really making a name for himself it seems. We can all expect good things from him I think.

Bless you, Cap'n!

You give me hope for the future - if I can only apply myself!

BTW, if you ever run into the Doyles, they're two of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Cheers,

Dana

I was excited to find a copy of this book at a decent price. This is Mikesh's prequel to Japanese Aircraft Equipment 1940-1945 published by Schiffer. How often do you get to see the interiors of Japanese WWII fighters?

Attachments

• PXL_20201202_230024179.jpg
    PXL_20201202_230024179.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20201202_230133167.jpg
    PXL_20201202_230133167.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back