A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweet score

I bet that showed her!

Sure many here had been in that situation at times.

Certainly myself.

I guess the postman made another rude comment.

As an amateur psycologist, my observation as to why the significant other objects to your "stuff" is because anything that you do that takes away attention from them is resented. The couples I have known that liked the same hobbies, did not object to new kits, planes, or (fill in the blank). I had a good friend who owned a gun shop and went to regional gun shows over his wife's complaints. Once, when she went with him, she discovered that jewelry tables were at gun shows. His solution was whatever he bought, she could spend the same on jewelry. After that, she scheduled the callender. So far, the only women who like modelling are married to modellers.

Good stuff Jim.
A few minor, and a couple of glaring errors in the Mosquito book, but overall, a very useful reference.

This arrived today, A5-size, hard back, and basically a collection of extracts from wartime RAF pamphlets / Pilot's Notes.
Not brilliant from the brief flip through I've had so far, but a few interesting or useful bits here and there.

Two more came today. The Me 410 is kind of disappointing but then again I bought on a whim and was cheap. Not a lot of pictures which is what I was hoping on. Does have break downs of weapons, radar, rockets and such but last 100 pages of book seem to be broken down on small campaigns of WWII leading me to think the title is miss leading. Book was written by the German Army Publishers 1998-2017.

The other one well you can never fail with a book by Michael John Claringbould.

Probably the next book I will start reading this week.

Last one I have on order came today. Looks really interesting with lots of pictures of both the aircraft and the weapons used by the Soviet Airborne Forces from 1930-1941. Mounting of tanks and artillery to aircraft and so forth. Now I just have to stop looking for a while and catch up again on reading

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread