A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't have this book (yet) but here's a question about it:
51Ykiv+OTzL._SX372_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've been going through some of my books, checking information about the B-29 raids over Japan in 1944-1945 and the Home Defense resp. the Japanese a/c participating (Ki-44. Ki-45, Ki-46, Ki-84 etc.). After reading this review, one sentence caught my attention:
At the same time however the analysis is a bit dry, with lots of statistics and not enough human colour. In fact this is what I'm usually looking for.
Any further opinions?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

Last edited:
I ordered a book last Tuesday, but can't for the life of me remember it. Finished Trent Hone's study of Nimitz's command, and now it feels like Christmas Eve with a surprise in the box.

This is why I hate you, Amazon! I'll open it tomorrow and read something useful.

Following up on this, the book is Black Snow, a history of the B-29 offensive against Japan,

51WiIyacWaL.jpg

I don't have this book (yet) but here's a question about it:
View attachment 721030
I've been going through some of my books, checking information about the B-29 raids over Japan in 1944-1945 and the Home Defense resp. the Japanese a/c participating (Ki-44. Ki-45, Ki-46, Ki-84 etc.). After reading this review, one sentence caught my attention:
At the same time however the analysis is a bit dry, with lots of statistics and not enough human colour. In fact this is what I'm usually looking for.
Any further opinions?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
I love books on this subject. I found this book to be lacking and sold it. I usually don't ever get rid of these. This one I did.

Possibly. Not good to start a historical account of something with the wrong name though, makes you wonder how accurate the rest of the text is.

It was not a historical account when written - it was virtually a diary using the terminology the personnel of that, and probably other, unit used at the time.

What you are saying is that British P-40 units were wrong to use Tomahawk and Kittyhawk for the P-40, etc.

Last edited:
The first 54 pages are dedicated to photos of staff and crew. The next 35 pages are candid photos of stateside training, China, India and Tinian bases. There are three pages of combat photos and the last 17 are titled "Roster of Personnel of the 462nd Bombardment Group". There are no day to day accounts like RAF ORB

The first 54 pages are dedicated to photos of staff and crew. The next 35 pages are candid photos of stateside training, China, India and Tinian bases. There are three pages of combat photos and the last 17 are titled "Roster of Personnel of the 462nd Bombardment Group". There are no day to day accounts like RAF ORB
Unit scrap book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back