A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went into Haunted Books, Sidney BC. I knew nothing of this store but I stepped back in time. A rabbit's warren of books on shelves, in piles on the floor, on chairs. I got the following:

From the Library of Major General Norman L. Magnusson, Reap the Whirlwind, The untold story of 6-Group, Canada's Bomber Force of World War II. It's an immaculate 1st edition copy. UnSigned.

From the Library of Mr. And Mrs. J. H. T. Crozier, an immaculate first edition copy of A Thousand Shall Fall. Murray Peden.

Galleon Books and Antiques:

Alfred Price, Instruments of Darkness. A History of electronic warfare. 1939-1945. Paperback edition 2017.

Finally, also from Galleon, not air war, but a book I've been looking for for some time. George Blackburn "The Guns of Normandy" A soldiers eye view France 1944. Another immaculate first edition. My uncle served with the RCA, 23rd Field Regiment, Self Propelled, so this is important to me. I have the other two volumes in this series. The Guns of Victory was riveting, so looking forward to reading this one.

Jim

Up until about ten years back I used to get a lot of books from a Canadian bookstore in BC. They had some fantastic stuff. Then Canada changed its postage from similar to the US to many times more than the US when posting to Australia. The last book I bought from them, despite the warning on their website that postage would be very high (I expected maybe $20-30) cost $75 for the cheapest postage. I wanted the book that bad I paid anyway but I went from buying numerous books from them to zero. A tool parts store I used in Canada at the same time told me to use a particular US store as Canadian postage was killing their international trade.

Hello,
I turned a year older yesterday and this is one of my wife's gift for my birthday :)
71c6favp-HL.jpg

I had got Tome 2 for Christmas.
5156fYRZ1WL.jpg
Now is complete :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back