A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This beauty is due out July 4th 2013, it's part of the "Luftwaffe Classics" series.

51lFUfx+R3L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Summary from Amazon:
"This book is the first in a two-part comprehensive study of the development and operational history of the Junkers Ju 88, exploring the many variants of this famous and long-serving Luftwaffe multirole aircraft. The text is supported by several hundred rare photographs, manufacturer's handbook data, scale line drawings, and specially commissioned color artwork. The work will represent the most comprehensive study of the Ju 88 in many years. The first volume gives a detailed examination of its construction program and development from its beginnings in the mid-1930s through all the variants produced during the war. Amongst its many roles, it was known widely as a feared night fighter, representing the pinnacle of German aeronautical design technology. It also served in numbers with the air forces of Finland, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Spain, and France. Its appeal as a combat aircraft—especially to modelers—was due to its widely dispersed service and as such, its variants, including the Ju 188 and Ju 288 are also covered."

I've been reading 'The First and the Last' by Adolf Galland. It's hard to put down but when you have kids........

Outstanding book and despite his allegiances, a BAMF.

:D

I've been reading 'The First and the Last' by Adolf Galland. It's hard to put down but when you have kids........ Outstanding book and despite his allegiances, a BAMF.:D

I had one of his books, the "signed" edition where a plate is attached in the front with his signature one it. I gave the book away after reading it. At the end of the book he states something to the effect he knew nothing about the "camps". Yah right. I sold the print I had of his plane as well. I just felt he needn't have added that in his book. Blowing smoke up my skirt just didn't do it for me.

picked these up yesterday while out with Bill...especially like the Polish Mustang book some great pics and a sweet decal sheet for some of the aircraft depicted!

got this one after your recommendation Wayne..what a fabulous book ..and some decal manufacturers would probably charge more than the cost of the book for a similar quality decal sheet on its own ..superb!

got this one after your recommendation Wayne..what a fabulous book ..and some decal manufacturers would probably charge more than the cost of the book for a similar quality decal sheet on its own ..superb!

Glad I could help Neil! Your right it is one of those almost perfect books that provides great photo's and reference, plus the bonus of the 3 scales decal sheet, a complete package for the modeller!

The Bf109G-6/AS 'Red 2' of Friedrich-Karl Müller is on my future build list fter seeing that recent data on your blog, will be based on the 1/32 Hasegawa G-10....

Spotted this at the Midland Air Museum yesterday. Although I already have it on my computer, I just had to buy the 'real' book - 'cos the cover illustration is from one of my paintings !

Attachments

• Buys 199.jpg
    Buys 199.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back