A new section in the Modelling area

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
30,519
26,845
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Location
Redding, California
Website
www.netallurgy.com
I have seen some great CGI modelling from several members recently and of course, there's Shinpachi's masterpieces...

Shouldn't there be a section in the Modelling area for the CGI Models?
 
Hm. Not sure about this - CGI sort of falls between two areas, art and modelling. As their is no actual 'solid', physical model, personally I don't think it should be included in modelling. Perhaps a separate section altogether, as it's not really art in the true sense, where a picture has been physically drawn or painted with traditional materials; until viewed on a monitor screen, or printed out, the work is at that point an electronic file. So maybe a complete new section for all CGI work?
 
Well it's kind of a gray area Terry but they do classify CGi structures as 'modeling'.

I know that they are not models in the physical sense but then again we have to adapt to the 21st-century now don't we? :lol:
 
Hows about a subforum of the Aircraft Pictures section, for Artwork and CGI.

I like the idea!
 
What about having a section in "WWII General"" called something like "WWII Artwork" and it can be opened up to all forms of art, not just CGI.
 
You just want to show off your pop-tart collection! Pervert!!
 
C'mon, you'll be amazed at what people consider "art"
LMAO...good point :D
 
Myself, I can never think of CGI as 'modelling', as (to me) modelling implies making a physical 3 dimensional model (ie replica) of something.

I never used to even consider it 'art' either to be honest, being someone who paints and draws the 'old fashioned way' - by hand. Have since changed that opinion though after seeing the beautiful works some people are able to achieve using computer sketch pads and on the computer - just amazing!!!

In short, agree with Hugh. I think an 'art and CGI' section would be the go.

Chris' suggestion is good too ('WWII art'), but is better as a sub section, not the main subject (IMO) as it excludes any other subject, or even aviation art from outside that 6 year period.

Just my 2 cents...
 
These are all good points, certainly.

My thoughts were to at least bring the subject up, so that the CGI renderings might have a central place to be found and shared. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back