A pleasant surprise (Seal Team 10)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
When I walked into history class today there stood at the 'smartboard' a Navy Seal from Seal Team 10.

Pvt. Bertsch.

He was a UAV/Predator pilot and was based at Camp Fallujah(?) in Iraq. He's been stationed in Iraq and Germany.

He talked about how dangerous it was to be living in the area. He said that there were two towns he was stationed near on was Sunni and the other Shiite and a man and a women loved each other (From seperate towns) the Sunni's were mad a the woman and stoned her to death. He showed one of Sadam's 'houses' I guess that was near a river and he used to take girls and do 'awful things to them' then dump them in the river.

Then went on to talk about how he crashed a UAV by accident :lol: and his Team was sent to retrieve it.

ARMY

The Army was the area in which he hated talking about. He just was saying how awful the Army is and the living conditions. Bertsch said that even though most hate the air force (jokingly of course) how atleast they make you happy and you don't wait in line a whole day just to jump off a chair and make sure you are able to roll correctly.

He then went on to talk about Fort Benning and how the zip lines almost made him break his ankle, he was happy when it wasn't or else he would've been kicked out. The guy behind him snapped both legs and he said he stopped bitching about it when he saw the guy behind him.

There was a lot more... trying to remember. But it was cool.

Was he a E-1 after or before he crashed the UAV? :lol: I would be surprised if they whould let a PVT fly a paper airplane. I have been out for a long time, does anyone know the rank to play with a UAV joystick?

DBII

Do your homework H-Man. What type of math, anything good? I have not done math in 10 years. I doubt if i could do your homework.

DBII

His favorite US issued gun is the M4 carbine but overall it is the Ak-47. He had pictures of his living quarters in one of the tents and the rooms were separated with plywood. His room consisted of a lawn chair, mattress, a pillow and sleeping bag. He's fired the AT-4 and LAW. Showed us the effects of C4 in pictures of course. talked about Religious Terrorists and State Sponsored Terrorists. His thought on the war. He said we need to be in there as long as it takes to make sure the Iraqi security forces can be more responsible. In the next 20-30 years terrorism is going to get worse. Let us wear the bullet proof vest.... which was MUCH more heavier than my dads. Talked about how the streets of most cities in Iraq are infested with Dogs and Cats.

There was a lot of stuff we covered in 45 minutes....gotta remember.

Did his rank look like this H???

PO3.jpg

or this:

PV2RankPage.gif

Not exactly like this but my teacher sent me what it is. Not exactly though.

Tech Sargent

Attachments

• Tech-Sergeant-Chevrons.jpg
    Tech-Sergeant-Chevrons.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 2,034
That guy was no SEAL! At least I find it hard to believe since he is a PVT...

1. PVT is an Army rank, not a Navy rank.

2. The picture you just showed above, is an Army rank for Tech SGT 3rd grade and was not used after 1948! That rank no longer exists!

Last edited:
I know he was a seal.

1. The PVT was my mistake.

2. He didn't have the T.... teacher sent a quick picture..... because he was busy grading.

3. He had pictures of everything he did from Fort Benning up until Iraq.....

He was wearing darker camo similar to the picture you posted in the military thread....and I know once again that you will say that he wasn't a seal. As I said, SIMILAR. Similar colors but not the same pattern. I know he was a Seal. I was there. You weren't. He had pictures of himself in Iraq in uniform. He had his vest. He had it. I will ask tomorrow in person what his rank is then maybe I can satisfy you.

That's like telling me my dads not a police officer. He had everything. I'm sorry I don't study the branches of the military and know what is there and what's not. It's not my fault. He had pictures of himself firing an M-4, AT-4, and a LAW.....

My teacher had to get questioned ffs when the guy wanted to become a seal. The FBI or someone was at the school questioning him about the Seal since he was on the contact list. I saw a 'chevron' and I took a wild guess.... I don't study it.....

I even said two times it's not exactly.

Whatever if you don't believe it all I can say is I was there you weren't......I saw the photos you didn't. Ok. I can edit all my posts and change to something else because that's not right either, correct? Because those are all untrue because your half a world away and would hear it better than me and know what he looks like. Obviously you can't except anything I say.... there's always something in question. I'm sure if anyone else posted this you'd be like, "Great to hear, hope you enjoyed." But nope I am a kid so I get "No he is not a seal, you didn't see a seal, he's a fake." MY MISTAKE big friggin deal....

And do I take it personal, of course. After the 5th or 6th time. May I have made some mistakes when I first joined, OF COURSE. I was a F*cking idiot when I joined. Atleast I'm trying to restore any dignity present when I joined. I think it's best if we just don't directly post to one another....taking care of any future problems cause I am not a mod you are and you can ban me for this post if you'd so choose...it's easy as that and I like the forum so to stop any future issues ....it'd just be the best we go our serparate ways posting wise.........

Now that's on my list of things I can't post....:) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do your homework H-Man. What type of math, anything good? I have not done math in 10 years. I doubt if i could do your homework.

DBII

Sorry didn't see this. Eh, it's Algebra. It's easy.... seeing I got a 95 on the test....normally I'm a B+ Student in math. It just repeats over and over. Telling how to do things in different ways so I guess nearly 3 years of it helps.

In High School I want to take Geometry...

Wasn't wearing that type of uniform. He had one with darker camo and on the right(?) Breast had Bertsch.

He had pics of him in that uniform. Looked extremley similar. Based on color and trident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back