A pleasant surprise (Seal Team 10) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They just arrested a poser that had been lecturing high school kids here in the Seattle area. He dressed in fatigue pants, vest armour, wore a hat that said police and carried a knife. He said he was a local police officer and had served in the military. He was vetted with a school teacher who vouched for him over a number of years or months of his lectures, based upon having taught him while he was in high school. It was the knife that finally resulted in his arrest.

So posers are out there.

Yes they are, and they are almost always caught...

Matt308 said:
This guys most likely legit, B. But your facts appear to be off and that is what is raising flags with folks. Just don't take it personally. Colin said it right.

Exactly.

Agreed with everyone else here, Harrison...a very large part of being interested in History is digging for details. If I posted a message saying I just bought a vintage WW2 tank, and left it at that, there would be people flying over to my house to beat the living crap (and details) out of me. Nothing personal. Its just the subspecies of humanity that we are (sorry...felt like using the word "subspecies" today). For what its worth, I think the vast majority of the regular posters here consider you to be a peer...equal...friends. And considering the overall maturity level of other kids your age (including, looking back, myself when I was your age!), you should take that as a MASSIVE compliment, my friend. If someone posts asking for more details, or questioning something you had mentioned, don't take it as a personal attack. They're wanting details, clarification. Nothing more. If someone offers you some advice, they're trying to help you, mentor you, steer you in the right direction. This, my friend, is a gift of incalculable value! I only wish I'd had one person who took some sort of interest in my development when I was growing up (but hey, that's all in the past, I'm who I am now and nothing can change that!)...and here you've got a hundred! We accept you as you are, and if anyone were to seriously attack you, your character, or your integrity, the big guns would come out from everyone around here. Heh. You're OURS to pick on! Just kiddin. Seriously, though, when we pick, its in fun. When we question, its to help you. Pick back (its only fair!), and take the lessons as you will.

Iz all good.

::steps off soapbox, curls up around bottle of decongestant as head threatens to explode::

For what its worth, I think the vast majority of the regular posters here consider you to be a peer...equal...friends. And considering the overall maturity level of other kids your age (including, looking back, myself when I was your age!), you should take that as a MASSIVE compliment, my friend.

We accept you as you are, and if anyone were to seriously attack you, your character, or your integrity, the big guns would come out from everyone around here.

Amen

Hey, its the Internet. You can't read body-language or voice inflection. So completely misreading someone's post is what separates us from the Cylons!

For what its worth, I think the vast majority of the regular posters here consider you to be a peer...equal...friends. And considering the overall maturity level of other kids your age (including, looking back, myself when I was your age!), you should take that as a MASSIVE compliment, my friend.

Agreed and well said.

The SEAL Teams are sailors, PERIOD!!!! With the exception of a few foreign military members and a few members of the US Coast Guard only Navy sailors go through BUDS and SEAL training....

What would happen, as Ive seen with my own eyes, is that you would be discharged from the Army and have to join the Navy to try out for the SEALS. Essentially a "lateral move"....
You normally would keep your rank (E-RATING) from the Army.... I know a former Army Special Forces NCO that went from the Army to the Navy and couldnt hack it in SEAL training....

He might have also been temporarily assigned to ST10, but he wouldnt be a SEAL unless he went through BUDs Training and earned his Trident...

Here is a pic of what the Trident would look like over his left breast pocket:
3003_70450.jpg

If he did not have one of these on his camo uniform, he was/is not a SEAL Team Member...

what company?
Is it a re-issue?
Is it a Wirbelwind?
2 guns or 4?
Is it finished?
What camo did you paint it?
Do you need decals?
Which glue was best?
Any photoetched parts?
Did you weather it?
Can you send pics?
When did you buy it?
Do the tracks move?
What does it smell like?
Was it a gift?
Whadda ya gonna do with it?
Can I see it?
Why not?
Brush or spray?
What books did you use for reference?
Where can I get those books?
Use any toothpicks?
Whats it look like outside?
Is it weathered?
How?
Who?
What?
Where?

He might have also been temporarily assigned to ST10, but he wouldnt be a SEAL unless he went through BUDs Training and earned his Trident...

I have a feeling thats closer to the truth.

Last edited:
The Marines are not under the Navy.

To some extent they are, Matt.

The Secretary of the Navy is responsible for, and has the authority under Title 10 of the United States Code, to conduct all the affairs of the Department of the Navy, including: recruiting, organizing, supplying, equipping, training, mobilizing, and demobilizing. The Secretary also oversees the construction, outfitting, and repair of naval ships, equipment and facilities. SECNAV is responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and programs that are consistent with the national security policies and objectives established by the President and the Secretary of Defense.

The Department of the Navy consists of two Uniformed Services: the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps. Whenever the Coast Guard operates as a service in the Navy, the Secretary of the Navy has the same powers and duties with respect to the Coast Guard as the Secretary of Homeland Security when the Coast Guard is not operating as a service in the Navy.

Source: Wiki

Charles

"

Mr. C, I knew I would get in trouble with that post. Where is Matt Kloby when I need him to bail me out of my ignorance. I distinctly recall him addressing this very same subject.

And by the way... Merry Christmas to Edna Mae and you, Mr. C!!! I'm in the holiday spirit. About to drive around and look at Christmas lights with my wife and boys. Family tradition.

Oh... and with respect to the Coast Guard, they used to be under the DOT. I was under the impression that they were now under Homeland Security.

Mr. C, I knew I would get in trouble with that post. Where is Matt Kloby when I need him to bail me out of my ignorance. I distinctly recall him addressing this very same subject.

And by the way... Merry Christmas to Edna Mae and you, Mr. C!!! I'm in the holiday spirit. About to drive around and look at Christmas lights with my wife and boys. Family tradition.

You did notice, I said, "To some extent", didn't you ?

Merry Christmas, Matt, to you and yours.

Charles

what company?
Is it a re-issue?
Is it a Wirbelwind?
2 guns or 4?
Is it finished?
What camo did you paint it?
Do you need decals?
Which glue was best?
Any photoetched parts?
Did you weather it?
Can you send pics?
When did you buy it?
Do the tracks move?
What does it smell like?
Was it a gift?
Whadda ya gonna do with it?
Can I see it?
Why not?
Brush or spray?
What books did you use for reference?
Where can I get those books?
Use any toothpicks?
Whats it look like outside?
Is it weathered?
How?
Who?
What?
Where?

Heh. Good thing I'm in the mood to answer one or two questions! The answers are: "B", and "George Washington".

Now...for your questions. Its one of those 21st Century pre-built/painted diecast toys you can occasionally find at Target. I've got various airplanes, and just had to get this flakpanzer...mostly because my wife said I was NOT (she even spoke that in all caps...ya gotta be married to understand) allowed to put an airplane in the baby's room. So I didn't. *sniff* I want my daughter to be the first kid at show-n-tell with a German-engineered killing machine! I'll be so proud!

:evil4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back