A question for those who are knowledgeable.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JG2, JG3, JG26, JG27, JG51, JG52, JG53, and JG54, plus, perhaps, the Bf110 Geschwadern and LG2. Not all at the same time of course! And it would also depend on specific dates, times and locations.

Like Terry says, basically the LW order of battle for the Battle of Britain would cover the most likely match ups. Though, if you're looking for which ones specifically engaged with 303, that would take a day to day analysis.

Thanks guys! I'm making a diorama with a Hurricane, (P3700 flown by Ptl Off. M. Feric), Chasing down a 109E JG52. I'm not for dead accuracy historically but if the two squads would of gone toe to toe and the marings are right for the time period, I'll be happy.

Sorry if this in the wrong category. It started out as a historical question and my reply is in reference to scale model building.

Sound good. Check the dates, as this will give you an idea of where JG52 were based at the time, which in turn should indicate if they could have come up against 303 Sqn. This was one of the JGs which moved, but were mainly based in the Pas de Calais. The base for 303 sqn was Northolt, beyond London, and they were mainly deployed against the London raids, around the Thames estuary, to the east of London, and also to the south and east.

Last edited:
Yep, late August/early September, they were about ready, entering the fray in September. Choose a time period, and I might be able to match a combat against JG52.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back