A visit at the military museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some more pictures :D

Attachments

• P1100223.jpg
    P1100223.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 112
  • P1100226.jpg
    P1100226.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 111
  • P1100265.jpg
    P1100265.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 110
  • P1100268.jpg
    P1100268.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 121
  • P1100270.jpg
    P1100270.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 119
  • P1100295.jpg
    P1100295.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106
  • P1100296.jpg
    P1100296.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
  • P1100305.jpg
    P1100305.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 109
  • P1100222.jpg
    P1100222.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 104
Wow, love that 8,8 cm flak 18!!! be great to see that restored and posed behin the sdKfz 7 in towing positon...8) :D

You know thats a great idea...they could put some paint on the Sdkfz to make it look better...or make it all in a desert camouflage and paint the Afrika Korps on it...

Mate, that does sound good..!! Hope they get some funds sorted out!

BTW, what is the name of the museum?

Its The National Military Museum and I hope they get some funds but since they don't have funds for the army I doubt they'll find some funds for the museum...maybe someone will make a donation...

Really cool pics man. It's a good deal that you were able to get right up on the displays like that. Most museums I've been to they'll sh*t themselves if you try to touch the stuff.

Yeah I think...yeah well this guys have a photo policy as well and its rather stupid to pay for photos made inside the museum...after all I did pay the damn ticket why should I pay extra for making photos and for touching the displays the Mk IV was a little hidden but the T34 was in plane sight and nobody said anything...I guess since there aren't a lot of visitors they can't afford to scare away the few they have...

Couldn't they (or you?) start an appeal for donations on the net or somewhere? maybe select one or two favourite pieces to restore first, something smaller maybe, then place a placard to say "with your funds we achieved this" or something. As long as the tools and paint, etc are there, I'm sure they'll find the volunteers to help restore them.

Couldn't they (or you?) start an appeal for donations on the net or somewhere? maybe select one or two favourite pieces to restore first, something smaller maybe, then place a placard to say "with your funds we achieved this" or something. As long as the tools and paint, etc are there, I'm sure they'll find the volunteers to help restore them.

Damn I'll be the first to volunteer :)

Well I'm glad you liked the pictures...I plan to take a trip to the aviation museum as well next week-end.

Hey Konigstiger, I was thinking to make a thread with all the museum pics on it. It would seem to make more sense to post all the various museum pics all on one thread instead of spread out.

Regards,

Alex

Freebird, it might be better to start a thread for each museum under the Warbird Displays section. That way, if others have visited the museum, they can post in it and keep the museum thread from getting too big while giving people a chance to see different museums within it's own thread. It helps keep things a bit more organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back