AAF Pilots' Information File

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

shooter456

Recruit
Dec 22, 2006
Hi everybody,

I found the navigators' and bombardiers Information on the AAF Collections webpage, now I'm looking for the

Pilots' Information File 1943. 1944?

Anybody know where I can D/L it?

thanks in advance

Why don´t you buy the reprint done by Schiffer publishing (PIF 1944)?

Hello,

my name is Alexander and I'm 16 years old and I live in Belgium. Last weekend I bought the pilot's information file when I was visiting the beaches of Normandy... I payed 45 euro, and I'm certain it's original. Was it a good buy or not? And is it rare?

greatings,

Alexander

PS: sorry for my bad English wryting skills...

my.php

ImageShack - Hosting :: dscn6698su1.jpg

my.php

ImageShack - Hosting :: dscn6699uw5.jpg

Here are some pictures...

From the condition I can see and the pictures it looks original, I would say you got yourself a pretty good deal. Usually items like that can go for at least a 100 dollars in the US depending on the buyer.

Thank you for the reply! Now I'm certain they didn't trick me with a copy:lol:
But is this a very common book, or rather a rarety?

Thanks,

Alexander.

Ive never went looking for the manual so I have no idea on how rare it would be or what the demand on it would be. Ive never seen one out on the net but could pass it without knowing it too. Maybe some one will know more.

I'd agree with Micdrow - you've got an original in pretty good condition. They pop up on eBay pretty regularly and go for $30 US to $100+ US depending on condition and how badly the bidders on that auction want it. At an exchange rate of about $1.35 US to a Euro you paid about $60 US so I'd also agree with Micdrow that you paid a fair price. I haven't run across a scan on the web either.

Gary

Great! Strange then that the seller, a real collector, sells his stuff under the price... But its fine by me! :lol:

Thanks for answering,

Alexander Croes.

Most of the time true collectors have multiples of the same stuff and very rarely do they pay full price. Some collectors check out the obituaries of WWII family's and wait for rumage sales where families are trying to get rid of some of this type of stuff. Personally Ive never done that. But from what Ive heard it can be very rewarding.

It's a strange kind of searching stuff, but i can believe you that it's a rewarding kind of search!

all thanks for answering!!

Alexander Croes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back