AC-130 "Spectre" Gunship Pics.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As free as my grandfather has become with information in recent times, relating to his wartime experiences, there are things that my great uncle still refuses to talk about. He'll take them to his grave. Being a para, his experiences were naturally quite different from my grandad's, and I respect him for it.

Hey everyone, I work on the gunships at Hurlburt Fld. and I was just wondering if anyone else has ever worked on them. Great site by the way.

Attachments

• bruceandthegang2_209.jpg
    bruceandthegang2_209.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 544
I do. I love his chimpish good looks. Now we've got a zoo, we need who is which animal. New thread in off-topic time...

Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. I work as an Armament Mechanic. I've been working on gunships for almost 5 years, and I'm 22 years old. I've been deployed 3 times and been to over 20 different countries. My deployments were Kuwait, Uzbekistan, and Masirah Island Oman. Thanks again....and have a nice day

Yes, always interesting that this idea only really started after WW2, I had thought that it could have saved a lot of lives on the Beaches of Normandy by harrassing Germans, because even if you couldn't get the concrete bunkers themselves, you could at least hurt the morale of the guys inside of them. Having something like that hammering away at you day and night, definitely would be hazardous to good morale. What does anyone else reckon?

I thought that you Gunship fans might enjoy this pic.

Attachments

• bruce3_955.jpg
    bruce3_955.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back