AC-130 "Spectre" Gunship Pics.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, I have lots more pics and have lots of knowledge on gunships if anyone has any questions. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Not yet, they are in the test phase and being put on then right now. By late this or early next they'll be there. I can probably get some pics of it if you guys want

Not yet, they are in the test phase and being put on then right now. By late this or early next they'll be there. I can probably get some pics of it if you guys want

When did you start working them?
I was a Crew Chief on AC-130Hs (6570 was my baby...she is a bad lil bitch)
and them became a Flight Engineer on them in 1999 then switched to AMC flying Slicks.

Good luck on your response Spectre. This is an awfully old thread and I haven't seen 2W151gunship around.

When I was in Iraq flying air assaults we allways had a link to the AC-130s in the air on station incase the guys we dropped off on the ground needed help from them.

Got to see Puff put out some nice fire support one time from my hawk.

NUBE here on this board, but I was glad to see some Spectre folks and admirers here. My time with them was in the early 70's and particularly with 6576 (Bad Company, Widow Maker). In the Vietnam era Spectre troops were like the base outlaws (meant tongue in cheek). Back then it was funny, our theme, "Ghostriders In The Sky" was a banned tune of sorts on base. Tended to get the guys worked-up. Anything like that today in Spectre units?

Da Ole Guy

The AC-130 has saved a fair few British lives in Iraq and Afghanistan as well. As I read about Y Company, Prince of Wales Royal Regiment I have read two instances in two months where a Spectre or two have rid Al Amarah of some trouble and saved a few British lives.
One account was of a Warrior APC in trouble during Op. Hammersmith ... Whiskey 7, I believe... he was in the danger zone and the entire battle-group were on edge after the Spectre unleashed its load ... a big sigh of relief was heard when the Whiskey 7 declared themselves 'OK' and then managed to escape thanks to the remarkable accuracy and discipline of fire of those Spectre crews.

Much respect. :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back