Academy 1/72 Me 262 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JonCOlsen

Airman 1st Class
Mar 14, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my Me 262 by Academy. The markings and paint scheme represent "Black 4." This Me 262 served with JG7 and was found abandoned at an airfield in Prague. The decals are mostly from Cutting Edge. I used Tamiya paints, including AS 23(light green), AS 24 (dark green),and AS 5 (light blue). Based on my interpretation of the black and white photos and commentary I've read about "Black 4," I went for an overall RLM 83 upper-surface. For the replacement nose section,I tried to make it look like a very light shade of RLM 76. I sprayed multiple coats of Tamiya AS5 and TS 27 (Matt White)in an attempt to achieve this effect.

Enjoy! Please let me know what you think. :)

Jon

A.png
B.png
C.png
D.png
E.png
F.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. Looking very nice. Judging by these pics of her I would say the fuselage was re-mottled with the same colour the nose was painted. It seems that the colour was of a little bit different shade from the one that had been applied on the fuselage. But it might have been because the lighter colour was quite "fresh". Anyway I would say the fuselage might have been lightened by applying the light colour on the fusealage sides contrary to the standard way of making fus sides darker by mottling with dark colours. But I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the interest and comments! The clearest and best photo of the actual plane is the one that Wurger has posted here for us. Thanks, Wurger :). There are two others that I know about. Here they are...
Black 4 #2.png
Black 4 #3.png

Well done. Looking very nice. Judging by these pics of her I would say the fuselage was re-mottled with the same colour the nose was painted. It seems that the colour was of a little bit different shade from the one that had been applied on the fuselage. But it might have been because the lighter colour was quite "fresh". Anyway I would say the fuselage might have been lightened by applying the light colour on the fusealage sides contrary to the standard way of making fus sides darker by mottling with dark colours. But I might be wrong.
This is an old post, but I just wanted to say that I know understand what you meant about the "reverse mottling," Wurger. I'm starting to see it more often now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back