Adelaide Model Expo (2010) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't mind this one...Mk.24 Spitty...

Attachments

• 8_Spitfire Mk.24_2529.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 8_Spitfire Mk.24_2542.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 8_Spitfire Mk.24_2566.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 8_Spitfire Mk.24_2544.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 56
Wow, that's a real beauty!

Now that the pics have resized, I had another look at the P-39 and noticed a thin reddish demarcation line between the green and gray camo. What's up with that?

I like the Spit, although I think it should be a Mk22 - only No.80 Sqn used the Mk24 in RAF service, IIRC. Should also be overall doped silver I think, in this R.AuxAF scheme, but very good.
Andy, can't see those lines you mention on the P39, but there is a dark demarcation, where the colours overlap, probably due to the angle of the lighting, as happened sometimes on the 'real thing'.

Andy, can't see those lines you mention on the P39, but there is a dark demarcation, where the colours overlap, probably due to the angle of the lighting, as happened sometimes on the 'real thing'.

Looked at them again on another monitor. They look quite deliberately painted on to me.

Hmm, neither did I. Can't think why it should be there - hadn't noticed before on pics of the actual A/C; I'll have to check my refs for 601 Sqn, see if anything shows this. Might be a factory thing as, AFAIK, the aircraft were delivered to UK already painted in Temperate Day Fighter scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread