AFL...Aussie Rules Football

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
Ok Aussie and those who are educated in the worlds best sport!! What team do you go for?

Have you ever played the game and if so what position....level did you play at?

I myself am a proud Adelaide Crows fan and member, I also follow Norwood in the local SANFL...I play CHB (a mans position hehe) I played SANFL juniors (really not impressive as the name denotes hahah) and played some 1st 18 school footy in top comp.

Sainters for me.

My cousin plays for them.

ALso my best mates brother got drafted into Sydney :)

As for me Im always up for a friendly game amoung mates. Would of done ok I guess, being a large unit had I played for a club :lol:

I have watched that game a couple of times on late-night T.V ...and it's fun to watch, but I know nothing about the teams.

GO PORT ADELAIDE

Oh NO!!!! There is one on every forum!!!

Heinz who is your cousin? My mate is hoping to get drafted by I dont like his chances...I think hes good enough but his best chance is probably by playing SANFL league and then getting on rookie list!

Oh NO!!!! There is one on every forum!!!

:lol: I knew I'd get that reaction! Actually I don't follow the game (I'm originally from QLD) but my wife and her family are big Port supporters. I don't find the game very exciting which is why I've never been able to get into it.
I think I'll stick to cricket, I'm a big Redbacks fan. I try to get to every game at the Adelaide oval (not so much the Pura cup games). I personally can't think of a better way to spend a day out.
Do you follow the Redbacks Watanbe?

Well Wildcat at least you do have some redeeming qualities. 1 Being a Queenslander 2 A Cricket Fan 3 Having an interest in aircraft

Not going to comment on AFL. May upset a few Victorians South Australians in the forum. I will NOT USE TERMS LIKE CROSS COUNTRY BASKETBALL OR AERIAL PINGPONG to describe AFL. For be it from me to lower myself to that level

Well Wildcat at least you do have some redeeming qualities. 1 Being a Queenslander 2 A Cricket Fan 3 Having an interest in aircraft

Not going to comment on AFL. May upset a few Victorians South Australians in the forum. I will NOT USE TERMS LIKE CROSS COUNTRY BASKETBALL OR AERIAL PINGPONG to describe AFL. For be it from me to lower myself to that level

:lol: You should try living in a place were aerial pingpong rules supreme! It's all the guys at work talk about, the palyers are regarded as some form of living gods, it always gets priority over every other sports in the news, I mean we could win the world cup of anything and still some clown who stubbed his toe at AFL practice would still be the top story!:rolleyes:

I think I'll stick to cricket,...I personally can't think of a better way to spend a day out.

Absolutely! (although I don't follow the state level much). Got the big LCD ready for the cricket season! Long hot summers, evaporative air-conditioning, day-night cricket on the tellie and beer = Australia-did I leave anything out?

Absolutely! (although I don't follow the state level much). Got the big LCD ready for the cricket season! Long hot summers, evaporative air-conditioning, day-night cricket on the tellie and beer = Australia-did I leave anything out?

Yep, doesn't get any better then that!!!:D

Bloody 'aerial ping pong' bulldust! * smacks forhead *

Cricket is my favourite sport though. Seniors already started just with yr12 I'm starting later this season.:)

Graeme you forgot to mention your worked SS commodore in the garage and the BBQ outside hahaha.

Heinz, Max Hudghton is a good player, really like his style. I respect the way he plays as a fellow defender.

Wildcat yes I do follow the Redbacks...I dont understand why they under perform there is quite a bit of talent in the team!:D I love my AFL but yeh not one eyed fan...im open to other sports...although NRL is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ boring hahah Union is more like it!

Ya he goes alright!

Gotta be the Torana in the Garage though:lol:

hahaha well i probably fulfill that description above except at end of the year it will be a tuned silvia or skyline sitting in the garage hahahah

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ive betrayed the stereotype

Now now now fellow Queenslanders and New South Welshmen. We can't bellitle our Southern Brethren in such ways as referring AFL in such terrible terms like Aerial Ping Pong or Cross Country Basketball. After all they reckon it should be played every where on the bloody planet. I won't stand for the mockery of AFL on this forum. (So I will sit instead and you blokes can go for it). Watanbe you forgot the Meat Pies mushy peas and Dead Horse with beer and the Cricket mate. But you are right Wild. In the Southern States where AFL is supreme most devotees would sell their kids and wife for the front row at an AFL match or grand final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back