AI Fails (14 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Waited too long to cross the "T"? Put the island right in the middle of the flight deck? Sweden teleporting the wrong class carrier back to 1809?
 
No, IMHO it's not only that. Even if you know exactly what you want and tell it to the AI, the AI fails. I tried to "create" a picture of a real plane (a MAD PBY-5. Not a picture per se (like those monstrosities we see here) but a schematics of sort. I gave the AI (ChatGPT and another software, I don't remember which one, free stuff) dozens of photos, pointed toward details I know and see as important and whatnot. At the end the airplane was always wrong. Even if not so absurd like those above, but the a/c was not a real one. Here is the product of ChatGPT:
View attachment 861980
While going through some postwar photos of Lambert Field in St Louis, I noticed these 2 sitting at the Mark Aero conversion center on the airport's far northwest corner. One has obviously been heavily modified and it includes a boom.
1767481788406.png
 
The Swedish Navy doesn't have an aircraft carrier!
You are correct. The ship in the photograph is a MK VIII Pickled Herring Carrier (PHC), not an aircraft carrier.
To non-Scandinavians these are sometimes considered hazmat carriers resulting in stealth characteristics and/or false registrations.

Soviet ships without good atmospheric sealing/filters could be in serious trouble depending on the wind direction and strength.


Let's see AI top that story :)
 
While going through some postwar photos of Lambert Field in St Louis, I noticed these 2 sitting at the Mark Aero conversion center on the airport's far northwest corner. One has obviously been heavily modified and it includes a boom.
View attachment 862680
0007926.jpg

The boom in this case is longer than the original MAD-device used during WWII. This is OA-10A, former BuNo 33993, USAAF s/n 43-43847, civil reg. N4760C, with the "Golden Nugget" livery of Alaska Airlines. But this a/c has been operated by Geoterrex - a Canadian survey company - the boom could be some kind of antenna or a modernized MAD.. Same a/c is today in McChord AFB museum.
 
Last edited:
This is a different a/c but basically in the exact same configuration as the first one. The second photo shows a cable from the nose through those "pylons" under the wing to the tail - is this not an antenna?
In the second photo in your article one can see a bomb-like device under the fuselage rear part. I've seen the same device in the first photo of the modified Cat posted (see here ). In fact this is the marker (AFAIR a smoke float) for the MAD. On the WWII cats it was in the fuselage and was dropped like a bomb through the rear belly hatch. When tested that marker was in the exact same location:
MAD-boom.png

610D6Vq.jpg
 
Last edited:
I do not know why but I have a very strong suspicion that the "bomb" is hanging from two cables and was part of the detection equipment.

I can see no reason why they would carry a bomb on a civil aircraft and all hell would cut loose if it fell on anyone or thing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back