Airbrush Newbie (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi
My friend and I are planning to both go in and buy an air brush
Hi Jack !
Did You got it ? If not consider this : simplicity. You are new to it.
Pete is using Artlogic AC358, Paashe H is same thing. Paashe H is a single action, external mix airbrush, nowdays coming in set with three tips. You can use bottle or cup for paint. Easy to use, easy to clean (nothing even close to 30 min). Problem: sprays only three patterns, for each You have to change the nozzle.
Then there is single action, internal mix airbrush like Badger 200. More complicated, harder to clean, use bottles and cups and You can change the pattern of spraying, is not fixed.
Next is dual action internal mix. It is for advanced painters, You change pattern as You spray, in limited way. Needs training, and if You want to spray realy narrow or really wide You have to change the nozzle and needle anywayl.
Now airbrush (dual action, internal mix) with fixed paint cup. That's the one needing 30 min of cleaning between colors. It is gravity feed, the chamber is always flooded with paint. But the very best airbrushes are build this way. Read this:
IWATA-MEDEA • Products • Airbrushes • Medea Airbrush Products
Your head starts to spin.
In my opinion simpler airbrush is in order for beginner. Rather spend your money on compressor, as good as You can afford, it may stay with You for very long time. Pay attention to how quiet it is and how easy it is to change the moisture filter.
You will get this, You are set for spraying and experimenting with paint and thinner ratios. In my opinion always use designated thinner from same manufacturer. Don't go for substitutes like water or rubbing alcohol etc. You built kit You paid 40 bucks for, plus maybe some more and now You will compromise the quality of the finish trying to save 25 cents ?
Just think about it.
Ciao !

I agree with Timor on the 'progression' of airbrush types, with experience. Also about the compressor. For the price of just a few cans of propellant, you can buy a decent compressor. Bear in mind, that each can of propellant is only about 80% useful, as the last remaining air is not sufficient to give enough pressure for painting. Also, a relatively high proportion of the air is used in cleaning the 'brush.
Whatever airbrush you get, the main thing is practice, practice, practice. And then more practice !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back