Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ooh, lots of activity, lovely. Incidentally that SN 1010 was one of my other choices.

The IA 35 is definitely right so I can offer this one, with its name removed ;

Well done it is an Huanquero - on the II Brigada Aerea near Parana city as gate guardian.
To Note the landing gear similar to that of the FW Ta154 - Same designer - Dr. Kurt Tank

so I can offer this one, with its name removed

The Beech Model 34 Twin-Quad, described as "the most untypical aircraft built by the company".

Beech obviously had a lot of experience with "V-Butterfly" tails, other than the Bonanza.

OK, another V-tail to try. Not a Beech but 'alphabetically close'....

Hi all, I'm new here and this seems to be the correct place for identifying an aircraft. I found this model at a store and just had to have it so now that I picked it up, what is it? I was thinking at first is was a tempest but after looking at some pics I'm not too sure now. I posted about the insignia elsewhere on this forum, but if you can identify that red triangle on the wings, that would be awesome!

Thanks all,
Ry

Looks a bit like a Brewster Buffalo (by the wings and tail), not ennough detail to be sure though.

That's a Dutch insignial btw.

The wings in your pic seem a bit too long though (and the guns seem wrong) and the nose doesn't look right.

The wing shape seems right though.
I can't make out the canopy.

It looks like 4x wing gun barrels protruding from the wing, if so it can't be a Brewster.
I don't know of any other a/c with that kind of tailplane and fin though.

With 4x wing guns, and it being Dutch, I thought it may be a Fokker D.XXI, but the wings and tail are wrong.

It's just hard to tell from that shot.

Hi Graeme,

A lot of trouble in fact. I was searching for observation-recon IWW biplanes with a second life as passenger carriers in the early 20´s to no avail.

A really difficult one this time..

The tail surfaces are what get me. They really look like the Buffalo's. (elliptical tailplane and rounded triangualr fin)

The wing guns look wrong and the rear canopy seems to have been painted over. ( the framing seems to be there though)

More pictures are probably needed.

I hear fluffy dogs took out lots of WW2 fighters

Slightly brighter top view.

Please ignore the guns, I'm guessing they were just stuck on at random.

It looks... weird.

The fixed landing gear, armament, and marking suggest Fokker D.XXI, but the wings, fusalage and tail look a lot like a Buffalo. (not sure what to think about the cowling and prop)

It could be some kind of strange alteration and not a real a/c.

Kool kitty, Thank you for the reply, I looked both up on google to see if I could find something. The Tail and the wing look completely like the Buffalo. The rest however look like the foker. This picture:

Which to give credit to the origional site was stolen from:
http://www.zap16.com/mil fact/Fokker D XXI.htm

makes it look like a Fokker D.XXI. So.... I'm now thinking the model I bought is a combo of the 2. Interesting, wonder if that would have actually worked

The fusalage looks Buffalo to me too.

Is that framing/trim like stuff on the wings, fusalage, and making up the canopy added on, or part of the original model. The area behind the canopy looks like it's supposed to be canopy framing (like on the Buffalo) beven though it's painted.

Is it a plastic model (that you build) or a cusom/hand made one?

Also note that the wings are mid-mounted on the fusalage. (the Fokker is low mounted)

THe prop, nose, and cowling does look like the Fokker. (at least a lot closer than to the Buffalo's)

Hi Graeme,
I will visit regularlly the quiz thread and I will try to share with all of you interested in such challenging Quiz as it is.
In the other hand the amphibious one is a S.N.C.A.N. Nord 1402 "Noroit"
Please, excuse my english!!

Users who are viewing this thread