Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi again from Spain. Not so sunny as it used to be since we have a very humid spring this year.
The strange flying machine is a Vanguard Omniplane!!!

How about this strange..... um... device :shock:

Attachments

• 00A1.JPG
    00A1.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 119
This must be the famous "Nightmare", dreamed up by a Dexter Dopefish, a former civil servant during years and years of strenuous office sleep. Built by his brother in law and his rednecked pals after too much of self-inflicted brain cauterizing through home-brewed paint-thinner/beverage. :lol:

Krabat

Looks like the contraption I posted even has Graeme stumped!

I was going to post a few clues but what the hell.... :lol:

It is the Curtiss-Bleeker attempt at building a helicopter... at the Curtiss airport, Vally Stream, Long Island NY that eventually became famous as Grumman's facility.

...not a bad attempt given that no one was sure what a successful helicopter was supposed to look like....but a bit of a dead end only ever managed a few hops :rolleyes:

Curtiss-Bleecker helicopter - development history, photos, technical data

Helicopters are weird anyway.... I prefer airplanes where the wings and fuselage all travel at the same speed

here's a quickie as I haven't put anything up for a while, I love this one.

Hi Wayne!

Without a doubt the very 'potential' Hawker P.1121 Hurricane.

The best unwanted fighters of all time, page 1

What might of been, eh Wayne?

Here's another project that was advanced at the time but extinguished quickly due to funding.

It didn't reach an advanced mock-up stage as your Hurricane...

... so this is what it would have looked like...

Its Australian froms Fishersman Bend CAC I have seen this in an Aircraft Enthusiast - very pretty machine, can´t hide her british style

Hello mates,

I do not intend to push myself in front of Emilio, so just one question is this Project = Suchoi "Flying tank" a modelers joke or did this exist as a real project?

rft.jpg

Regards
Kruska

Users who are viewing this thread

Back