Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This must be the famous "Nightmare", dreamed up by a Dexter Dopefish, a former civil servant during years and years of strenuous office sleep. Built by his brother in law and his rednecked pals after too much of self-inflicted brain cauterizing through home-brewed paint-thinner/beverage.

Krabat

Looks like the contraption I posted even has Graeme stumped!

I was going to post a few clues but what the hell....

It is the Curtiss-Bleeker attempt at building a helicopter... at the Curtiss airport, Vally Stream, Long Island NY that eventually became famous as Grumman's facility.

...not a bad attempt given that no one was sure what a successful helicopter was supposed to look like....but a bit of a dead end only ever managed a few hops

Curtiss-Bleecker helicopter - development history, photos, technical data

Helicopters are weird anyway.... I prefer airplanes where the wings and fuselage all travel at the same speed

here's a quickie as I haven't put anything up for a while, I love this one.

Hi Wayne!

Without a doubt the very 'potential' Hawker P.1121 Hurricane.

The best unwanted fighters of all time, page 1

What might of been, eh Wayne?

Here's another project that was advanced at the time but extinguished quickly due to funding.

It didn't reach an advanced mock-up stage as your Hurricane...

... so this is what it would have looked like...

Hello mates,

I do not intend to push myself in front of Emilio, so just one question is this Project = Suchoi "Flying tank" a modelers joke or did this exist as a real project?

Regards
Kruska

Users who are viewing this thread