Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes You ´re right to much time......

Emilio as always is right - Thats the General Weber´s dream The Ural Bomber
As they say after general Weber´s death, the germans change the plans of Weber for a strategic bomber force for Görings tactical medium dive bombers.

Attachments

• do19-1.jpg
    do19-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 56
Thats the Avro Canada C-102 Jetliner, the first jet transport ever to fly on the American continent. It makes an interesting comparison with its British cousin the Avro Ashton.

New one...

Forgot to mention that the "Spanish" solution from above, with the clam-shell engine access panels, was the...

Hi all,

I can assure you I have spent a lot of time searching for the 4/5 engined transport/bomber but to not avail. I would say French, or European, but I´m not sure. Could you, please, give us any clue??

Aha!!

Then, maybe the Dornier Do.K3. I knew the photo you showed as a clue, but I didn´t know she was a 4 engined aircraft!!

Thanks again, Graeme.

I'll have to come "clean", the balanced turret wasn't standard. It was experimentally fitted to this aircraft...

No way to find
I´m afraid I need more than some clues in this case...

In that case Emilio it's probably not on the internet and clues won't help, so...

Looks like a mini-He162, but it was actually inspired by the Lockheed U-2. Two designers, Dick Hunt and Bob Hammer, recognised the potential of the U-2 for civilian purposes and hoped to provide a high altitude flying camera platform for photo/mapping missions.
Planned to have a ceiling of around 60,000ft and a potential climb rate of 15,000ft/min, it incorporated the wings of a Teledyne Ryan 147 drone, the nose gear of Mooney Mk 21 and a Learjet 24 nacelle inlet ring, the Hunt HH-1 Zipper was described as an "unprecedented endeavour." Sadly, it crashed on August 15 1979, killing Hunt and the project.

That's ol' Graeme. You can be sure he surprises you every time. :lol:

By the way: Do you know how he could get out of the plane in case of an emergency? At least the He-162 had an ejection seat. Did the "Zipper" had one too? Or was it just a matter of opening a zipper on the bottom of the cockpit and fall away? :D

Krabat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back