Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Carson. I read a lot of english books (Terry Pratchett, Joseph Heller, Frank Herbert, Harry Harrison, Michael Frayn etc.) and this way you learn a lot more about a language than if you only read books about aircraft. The latter are mostly written to be understood by people who speak other languages, you wont find much puns or linguistic jokes there, but a wise man once said, you haven't understood a language before you understood those. (Well, I still have a lot to learn about grammar.) And, by the way, it's very satisfying too understand puns and jokes in a foreign language. They wont be able to make fun of you if you understand them. :lol:

Krabat

Edit: O.K. Got a new one. And I also want the name of the pilot.

I have another one for you:
Dear V2
I have a good time going through old threads of this forum and I don't know whether this pic was ever identified.
In my opinion this is an AE MB-1 "Bombi" an argentinian aircraft of the thirties I believe.
All the best to Poland
carson1934

Dear Carson,

about which post you are talking?

And all the best to Italy of course! I spent a wonderful time in Italy last year...

Dear Carson,

about which post you are talking?

And all the best to Italy of course! I spent a wonderful time in Italy last year...

Dear V2
please forgive me I'm just a stupid old man. In one of the old threads of this forum I came across the argentinian "Bombi" aircraft and this post originated from you. However I forgot the page of the forum it is in!
All the best
carson1934

Thanks, Carson. I read a lot of english books (Terry Pratchett, Joseph Heller, Frank Herbert, Harry Harrison, Michael Frayn etc.) and this way you learn a lot more about a language than if you only read books about aircraft. The latter are mostly written to be understood by people who speak other languages, you wont find much puns or linguistic jokes there, but a wise man once said, you haven't understood a language before you understood those. (Well, I still have a lot to learn about grammar.) And, by the way, it's very satisfying too understand puns and jokes in a foreign language. They wont be able to make fun of you if you understand them. :lol:

Krabat

Edit: O.K. Got a new one. And I also want the name of the pilot.

Dear Krabat
I have closely examined picture in question and I'm sorry I cannot identify the floatplane. All I can say is that the aircraft has landed in a beautiful alpine lake (swiss or austrian?) carson1934:| :| :|

You're just jealous Krabat! Besides we drink 'tea'. :D

No. It's Australian designed (by Bert Hinkler) and was registered in Britain. That's Hinkler on the right.

He named it after this bird...

Dear Graeme,
very pleased of seeing Bert Hinkler's picture in your post of 2-28-2008 # 1531. Bert Hinkler died in a plane crash on Jan.7th 1933 (he was aged 40) in the mountains near my city Arezzo (that's about 80 kms from Florence) while flying on his way to Australia (he was caught in a severe storm). Not long ago I visited his grave which is at "Cimitero degli Allori" just outside Florence city centre. In case someone might want to lay a flower on his forlorn grave these are location details of his grave at above cemetery: 2PPsSQ1 23s.
For your information I visited NZ many times and I still have excellent friends over there
carson1934
PS Sorry if I make mistakes but I just joined and am still largely unaware of the functions of this forum

All I can say is that the aircraft has landed in a beautiful alpine lake (swiss or austrian?)

Ahh, far far away. Not even Europe. It's the Bay of Ushuaia. The registration of the plane is german and it's double bad luck. maybe this helps. :twisted:

Krabat

O.K. Got a new one. And I also want the name of the pilot.

Thanks for the clues Krabat! I was thinking mirrors but finally the penny dropped - Double unlucky = 1313 and I was certain that the word HEINKEL is just discernible under the exhausts.

So...Gunther Pluschow in his Heinkel HD 24 named TSINGTAU...

For your information I visited NZ many times and I still have excellent friends over there

G'day Carson! Thanks for the Hinkler information, saddened to hear that the grave site is "forlorn." (Incidentally I live West of NZ...Australia).

New one...

Thanks for the clues Krabat! I was thinking mirrors but finally the penny dropped - Double unlucky = 1313 and I was certain that the word HEINKEL is just discernible under the exhausts.

G'day Carson! Thanks for the Hinkler information, saddened to hear that the grave site is "forlorn." (Incidentally I live West of NZ...Australia).

New one...

Hello Graeme!
Good to know you are an aussie....What got me mixed up was the flag below your avatar...kiwi and aussie flags are much alike...Incidentally I was lucky enough to visit Australia on business at least twenty times over the last fifteen years.
I don't know what is the aircraft name of your picture...it looks pretty much british to me...
carson1934:?:

Correct, Graeme. I knew it was a tough one.

I didn't know Plueschow until a few months ago when he showed up during my work. Several people were asking for material for an exhibition. I even have a coloured three-side-view of his HD 24 somewhere...

Krabat

Good to know you are an aussie....What got me mixed up was the flag below your avatar...kiwi and aussie flags are much alike...Incidentally I was lucky enough to visit Australia on business at least twenty times over the last fifteen years.

Easily done! What did you do for a living that got you travelling all over the world?

I don't know what is the aircraft name of your picture...it looks pretty much british to me...
carson1934:?:

European but not British.

Not many. There's the Fokker T.V, and the er.........T.9

fokker.jpg

Easily done! What did you do for a living that got you travelling all over the world?
Hi Graeme,
I have been a travelling salesman for thirtyfive years selling jewellery both in Europe and overseas (especially Australia New Zealand and Singapore)

European but not British.
I was also thinking of a Fokker but then a small drawer in my mind suggested that it might be british.....no luck this time, maybe the next:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back