Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes it's true, but that one is only one... and it's name is... :?:

Ok, one more picture...

Attachments

• 02_vtail_364.jpg
    02_vtail_364.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 461
The Me P.1092B had a rocket motor (probably a Walter HWK109-509A rocket engine) located in the rear fuselage...

I think the V-tail prototype looks nicer than the standard BF109
One long teardrop shape

Still I wonder if they would have had the same problems that Beechcraft had with thier civvie aircraft with this tail. Over many hours of flight, compresability still happened and the aircraft started to have structural problems. In a fighter such as this, because of its performance requirements, I wonder if it eventually would be a problem.

Still, exellent research and it is a beautiful re-design. Is the model a factory model or a garage kit?

:{)

the lancaster kicks ass said:
very interesting, would've thought adler would've got that one then..........

To be honest that is completly new to me. I have never seen this one or seen pictures of it. I have read about it, but never seen pictures.

I love to see these what if prototypes that actually worked. The what if Harry Turtledove sci-fi guy in me would have liked to see some of these ships in the air in active squadrons. Bubble canopied Corsairs, V talied 109s, Bearcats, the Shinden, so on and so forth. I forgot the name of the comic but they do this where planes that never flew, but were practical flew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back