Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Carson, that is the Boulton Paul P.120, the better looking T tail version of the P.111.

Oh yes, how silly of me, she's the famous "widowmaker" which I didn't recognize at first glance on kolyan. The pic I have of this aircraft is a front view downloaded from Wiki and apparently she received a black glossy paint which is quite different from the all metal version.
Thanks very much Waynos for your prompt reply.
carson1934

nope.... hmmm I made a little mistake...it's not direct neighbour...but from east side....

Hi V2 with all due respect it doesn't look to me like a roumenian SET-7 in particular the vertical rudder seems quite different from the pic you have submitted...but of course I could be quite wrong considering that your pic was shot from a very vicious angle.....or is it really a SET7?

Concerning the Convair XP/82 I got my picture from:
kolyan.net/foto2006/october/10/planes_201.jpg and thanks very much for the wealth of information I got from all of you: I'm really astounded by your competence.
carson1934

furthering my post#2794 I was able to read a number on the vertical rudder of Convair XP/82 which is 6683. Would this be useful for further research?

It is the mock up for the XP-92, An XP-92 prototype did fly, but not until after the Miles M-52 style fuselage was changed to a more conventional design with a top mounted cockpit and nose intake similar to the F-84.

ok, a few words more:
Six XXXX series 1 aircraft delivered from manufacturer winter 1936. Open cockpit and Wright Cylone engine in a Townsend ring. Used for reconnaissance in late 1930s, then for liaison and continuation training. Withdrawn from service early 1940s.

Users who are viewing this thread