Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got one in a book ('Flugzeug Typen Der Welt') - painted with white bird feathers... I'll see if the missus can scan it at work, otherwise drop us your address in a PM and I'll photocopy it for ya.

Evan

Thanks Evan. If it isn't too inconvenient for you please send the pic to my e-mail which is the following:
[
Thanks again mate
carson1934 (Carlo)

Last edited:
Dear Graeme, I promise you I didn´t know the thread where the Chinese biplane appeared:oops: :oops: :oops:
Next time, if any, I´ll try to find a difficult one. By the way, the caption of the Chinese biplane defined it as a Fu Shin AP-1 Ning-Hsia:?: :?:

Dear Graeme, I promise you I didn´t know the thread where the Chinese biplane appeared:oops: :oops: :oops:
Next time, if any, I´ll try to find a difficult one. By the way, the caption of the Chinese biplane defined it as a Fu Shin AP-1 Ning-Hsia:?: :?:

I'm arrived to late!!Graeme was right, I posted it there is 6 months!8)

its the father of the Skyraider - trhe XBTD Destroyer

Attachments

• XBTD.jpg
    XBTD.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 82
Is there anyone who could direct me to a website containing pictures of the Curtiss A-12 "Shrike" operating in China or with chinese markings? Or is there a page in this forum dealing with this subject?
Thanks for your attention!
carson1934

My cousin Bob Williamson, was of the 17th Airborn Division, 513 Parachute Infantry Regiment, 1st Platoon, E Company.
He was flown into Baston, Germany in 1944-45 on a C-45.
What I need to a possible picture of such a aircraft. It took off from land to drop.
Cousin Helen "Tootsie" Bagley

Hi Carson. You might be more successful with your image requests (such as the Curtiss A-12 above) if you made a thread so more people view it. Maybe titling it "Carson's Requests." Just a thought. :)

what's the name of this czech craft?
carson1934

The Skoda D-1, a licensed version of the French Dewoitine D 21...

A.F.M. Skoda D-1

its the father of the Skyraider - trhe XBTD Destroyer

Quick and accurate as always Patoruzu!

New one
They replaced a fuel tank with an engineers position. What aircraft and why...

Hi Carson. You might be more successful with your image requests (such as the Curtiss A-12 above) if you made a thread so more people view it. Maybe titling it "Carson's Requests." Just a thought. :)

The Skoda D-1, a licensed version of the French Dewoitine D 21...

A.F.M. Skoda D-1

Quick and accurate as always Patoruzu!

New one
They replaced a fuel tank with an engineers position. What aircraft and why...

Hi Graeme,
it is the Skoda D1 you are really a swell guy.
When I am more familiar with this complicated forum I will organize a thread in such a way that it could be viewed by more people (like for instance my question concerning Curtiss A-12)
carson1934

cam some kind guy confirm whether the attached pic represents the experimental Curtiss XP42 of 1939? The one thing however that puzzles me are the two gun barrels protruding from both air inlets which are unavailable in similar pics. Weren't they supposed to cool off carberettors (I mean the air inlets)?
Thanks in advance for helping me.
carson1934

Attachments

• planes_341.jpg
    planes_341.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 85
cam some kind guy confirm whether the attached pic represents the experimental Curtiss XP42 of 1939? The one thing however that puzzles me are the two gun barrels protruding from both air inlets which are unavailable in similar pics. Weren't they supposed to cool off carberettors (I mean the air inlets)?
Thanks in advance for helping me.
carson1934

No. That's the XP-40. The XP-42 was the P-36A with a completely cowled over radial engine and an extended prop shaft and large spinner. It was an in-line engine wannabe-looking design. The XP-42 engine shaft had serious vibration problems and the design lost to the XP-40.

what might be the attached trainer (it looks british) with south korean markings? Anyone interested in finding out?
carson1934:?: :?: :?:

Attachments

• planes_234.jpg
    planes_234.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 85
No. That's the XP-40. The XP-42 was the P-36A with a completely cowled over radial engine and an extended prop shaft and large spinner. It was an in-line engine wannabe-looking design. The XP-42 engine shaft had serious vibration problems and the design lost to the XP-40.

Thanks Sweb you are a gentleman and a scholar
carson1934:D :D

Hi Carson, there are more photos on the Web of that Irish Corps Spitfire.

Attachments

• normal_HPIM9028.jpg
    normal_HPIM9028.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 71
  • img_1341.jpg
    img_1341.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back