Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Marcogrifo,
for some strange reasons your post appeared on my PC only this morning and I'm glad you submitted it.
It is the: LAR GR-2 of 1959, product of an unknown (at least for me) italian manufacturer.
The only picture about this A/C I found on Aviastar but no other information.
Any additional information you may have on this aircraft is appreciated
carson1934:):):)

Sorry, carson, but the first info about the mystery plane I have to give you is that the identification you correctly found on Aviastar site is wrong :p :)

The actual name for that nice little racer is QR.2 bis and was a private venture of Queirolo and Recanatini engineers, better known for another project, the twin-engined QR.14.
Here is a page from italian Aerofan magazine ( issue #4, year 1978 ):

QR.2%20bis.png

For non-italian speakers, the caption at the bottom says:
The QR.2 bis, powered by a Fiat A.54 - 130 Hp engine, was finished after the end of WWII (the project started before 1938 ) and registered as "I-BICI". The only one model built was still flying during the fifties, here seen at Milano-Linate field.
This little beauty was entirely made of wood, and had following characteristics:

wingspan = 8,90 m
length = 7,60 m
height = 2,53 m
max speed = 270 km/h
ceiling = 5100 m.

Cheers :)

Sorry, carson, but the first info about the mystery plane I have to give you is that the identification you correctly found on Aviastar site is wrong :p :)

The actual name for that nice little racer is QR.2 bis and was a private venture of Queirolo and Recanatini engineers, better known for another project, the twin-engined QR.14.
Here is a page from italian Aerofan magazine ( issue #4, year 1978 ):

QR.2%20bis.png

For non-italian speakers, the caption at the bottom says:

This little beauty was entirely made of wood, and had following characteristics:

wingspan = 8,90 m
length = 7,60 m
height = 2,53 m
max speed = 270 km/h
ceiling = 5100 m.

Cheers :)
Hi Marcogrifo,
thanks a million for the information concerning the QR/2/Bis.
As you can see I was completely misled by Aviastar which quotes a completely different denomination for this particular A/C. No wonder I couldn't find any track about it!
Maybe somebody should advise Aviastar accordingly.
Cheers
carson1934:lol::lol::lol:

I would like to inform that the quotation "Bestelli-Colombo C-3" on the corresponding editorial of Aviastar is apparently wrong.
The actual name of the aircraft is: Bestetti-Colombo C/3 which made her first flight in 1943 and crashed during trial.
Interesting comments are available on the appropriate box at foot of Aviastar editorial written by [email protected].
I am attaching a pic of this aircraft as available from Aviastar
This could be interesting for whoever likes italian less known aircrafts!
Cheers
carson1934:):)

Attachments

• Bestetti-Colombo C3.jpg
    Bestetti-Colombo C3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 153
Now gentlemen, what about the name of this elegant european twin engined executive?
carson1934:?::?::?:

Attachments

• carson.jpg
    carson.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 151
Now gentlemen, what about the name of this elegant european twin engined executive?
carson1934:?::?::?:

Austrian with a long name. The Simmering-Graz-Pauker SGP-222 Flamingo. Your photo depicts a late production machine with the square-tip fin...

Drawing of early production Flamingo with the more curvaceous tail...

Austrian with a long name. The Simmering-Graz-Pauker SGP-222 Flamingo. Your photo depicts a late production machine with the square-tip fin...
Nice twin-engine indeed :)

OK gentlemen, I'd submit to your attention this little bird:

mystery_plane_or_not.png

I suspect it's very easy, but it looks so funny that I can't resist...:lol:

Cheers

Drawing of early production Flamingo with the more curvaceous tail...

Yes, it is the "Flamingo", Graeme. Just think that the Simmering, etc. is a company better known for building trains and streetcars in Austria.
One surely learns one thing or two from you, Graeme:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:
carson1934

Nice twin-engine indeed :)

OK gentlemen, I'd submit to your attention this little bird:

mystery_plane_or_not.png

I suspect it's very easy, but it looks so funny that I can't resist...:lol:

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
I dunno what it is but it's very funny indeed.
From the attire of the gentlemen standing on the wing I might infer that it is a U.S.A. venture of the middle thirties
carson1934

A new challenge gentlemen,
this looks like a very ordinary biplane but in its own time it was considered one of the world's best acrobatics (observe the bubble cowling)...
carson1934

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 218
Sorry gentlemen to take undue advantage of your time, forum space and patience.
In my search of push/pull aircrafts you were kind enough to inform me about the Colani C-309 a splendid contraption (or maybe an utopia?) of Mr. Luigi Colani from Pontresina (Switzerland).
In googling through the web till my fingertips ached I came across a portuguese forum with an image which should represent a pre Colani C-309, in other words a racer conceived before the actual and known Colani C-309.
I'm enclosing its photo which is not so good but it looks like having push contrarotating props (or am I imaging them?). Also there is a name and a number on the fuselage which I can't read albeit I magnified the image.
Any further information or picture concerning the above is appreciated.
Cheers
carson1934:confused::confused:

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 212
Hi carson, might be I'm wrong but I think and thus I read... "Mach 0.9" on the fuselage of the Colani.
And I see contra-props too...

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
thanks very much for your prompt reply.
I found on the web lots of information about Luigi Colani who is an utopic genius born and residing in Germany and making a lot of money. The pic I submitted is just a "Standmodell" (static model less than a mock-up) and the article in german states that it is "Flugunfaehig" i.e. unable to fly.
The inscription on the fuselage are: Mach 0,9 and "Pontresina", the name of the model.
Therefore not a real aircraft but just a static model,i.e.an expensive toy
Cheers
carson1934:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honourable gentlemen,
I'm surprised, no takers yet for Marcogrifo's post #3290 and for my post #3291?
It is understandable that the first heat wave of the year might induce more interesting leisures (at least for us living in southern Europe) but what about our aussie friends who are not confronted with this problem being downunder?
carson1934:o:o:eek:

Help required please-
I don't seem to be able to identify the two jets of the pic attached. Obviously it's US Navy business.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation
carson1934

Attachments

• post-3889-1244911295.jpg
    post-3889-1244911295.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 139
US_Navy_Lockheed_S-3_Viking_Aircraft.jpg

Lockheed S-3 Viking

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
thanks for your help (I've seen it at least ten times and just couldn't make it out...well, one of those things...).
Nobody seems to tackle your post# 3290 and mine 3291 both of 6-11-09.
I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon then I'll unveil the mystery plane (unless someone does it before).
Ciao
carson1934:o:o:eek:

since there are no takers for my post #3291 of 6-11-09 and the forum seems to be frozen solid, let me unveil the mistery plane as well as pilot:
pilot is master-pilot Tasnadi "Nadi" Laszlo and plane is Szegedy MSrE M-21 "Harag" of 1936 a hungarian aerobatic plane of which I think only one prototype was built
carson1934
kisharag36bc4ed.jpg

:):):)

since there are no takers for my post #3291 of 6-11-09 and the forum seems to be frozen solid, let me unveil the mistery plane as well as pilot:
pilot is master-pilot Tasnadi "Nadi" Laszlo and plane is Szegedy MSrE M-21 "Harag" of 1936 a hungarian aerobatic plane of which I think only one prototype was built
carson1934
kisharag36bc4ed.jpg

:):):)
I admit I really have no clue about that, carson :)

And now, my little mystery plane:

WEIRD_PLANE.png

Bassou FB.31
Was a light wooden construction pusher two-seater built in Paris by Sociète de Constructions et d'Aviation Légère, 1935 circa, only two built.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back