Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting plane. Description from: Romanian Aeronautical Constructions 1905-1974.

Thanks very much Tzaw1 for supplying two more pictures of the Bratu: I only knew the one supplied by Marcogrifo which I found by sheer chance on the russian site!
carson

Carson, its a Grumman F9F isn't it? Looks odd out of its USN scheme though, and is that canopy a conversion?

After the victoria of the "Civetta "(owl) at the Palio I'm submitting this modest A/C for identification which probably won't last more than ten minutes....
carson
sconosciuto1.jpg

Strange that Waynos or Tzaw didn't jump to it yet...matbe it went unnoticed....anyway it is one of the very few sport planes built in the USSR in the thirties: it is the Nikitin NV-1 which flew so well (in 1933) that after 9 flights it was abandoned!
It is rather similar in outlook to an italian aircraft of the same period a pic of which I'll send thru as soon as i can find it.
Cheers
carson
:):)

Estonian PTO-4.
BTW: Estonia never was a neighbour of Poland :)
Latvia - yes, Lithuania - yes, Estonia - no. :)

Very good Tzaw that's what it is and apologies for my poor geography I always got mixed up with the three baltic states but of course Estonia is hte northernmost one!:oops:
carson

Ouch! Clumsy bugger.

Despite the star on the wing, it has the look of a Nieuport. Is it a Nieuport 17?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back