Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:oops: awww...man. well at least i get the "who looks like a tool" award today. it'll look great on my mantle! :lol:

Well I'm not the "sharpest tool in the shed" when it comes to computers, but try this- when you have selected your image-
click right,
select 'save image as',
then when the File name appears, alter it as necessary. Attach.

Hopefully, this 'Attached file' will be called "Frenchy" when logged out.

Attachments

• Frenchy.jpg
    Frenchy.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 188
To prevent this thread from sliding beyond page three of the 'new post' listings, yet again, I hereby submit another image for identification. I first saw this plane in an episode of "The Six Million Dollar Man".

No. Too many questions at once. Might lose interest. This was a nice thread once, when we could concentrate on one plane at a time...

But since you ask so nice, Frenchy could well be a SNCASO 8000 Narval

No. Too many questions at once. Might lose interest. This was a nice thread once, when we could concentrate on one plane at a time...

But since you ask so nice, Frenchy could well be a SNCASO 8000 Narval

Yes it is. And point taken.

A hint on the twin prop?

Never mind, found it, I think. But it has different engines... is it the Ikarus 214?

A hint on the twin prop?

Never mind, found it, I think. But it has different engines... is it the Ikarus 214?

Yes!
The silhouette's caption describes it as a Type 214-D with Pratt and Whitney R-1340 wasp AN-1 9-cylinder radial air-cooled engines.

An early Do-17 with BMW VI engines. But E or F is hard to distinguish. What were the differences of these two versions? Does anybody know?

AFAIK the E was a bomber and the F was a reconnaissance plane, but I'm not sure about that.

An early Do-17 with BMW VI engines. But E or F is hard to distinguish. What were the differences of these two versions? Does anybody know?

AFAIK the E was a bomber and the F was a reconnaissance plane, but I'm not sure about that.

As memory serves,
E-a bomber
F- a long range reconnaissance a/c
Differences:
F-1 version: armament 1xMG15 7.62mm firing forward ( flexible mounted in right windw of the cockpit windshield ) and one flexible mounted MG15 which could be used as the upper or lower machine gun.Some cameras- a manual camera Zeiss FL.K.C/5a and three fixed cameras - Zeiss RMK 10/8 for panoramic pictures,Zeiss RMK 50/30 light camera,Zeiss RMK 75/30 heavy camera.Later were used automatic cameras for mass panoramic pictures (Reihnbilderkamera) - Rb 10/8, Rb 20/30 and Rb 50/30.This version was equipped with an additional fuel tank.

E-1/2/3 version: armament 1xMG15 flexible mounted at the upper battle station firing backward,1xMG15 mounted at the lower battle station firing also back.Certainly, bombs 500-750 kg - standard bombload 10xSC50 50kg bombs or 4xSD100 100kg bombs or 2xSD250 250kg bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back