Aircraft Identification V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Indeed.But for me it looks like a miserable joke.:lol:

Maybe we should try to ID something much more modern.

What's this?

Attachments

• zagadka2.jpg
    zagadka2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 120
Interesting guys! Didn't know that one. Took a look at aviarussia.ee

During 1961, the MiG OKB initiated work on an upgraded fighter based on the basic MiG-21PF airframe and referred to contemporaneously as the MiG-23. Assigned the OKB designation Ye-8, it featured a bifurcated ventral air intake for the R-21F engine, which, developed by N Metskhvarishvili, was rated at 4500kg and 7000kg with afterburning. A variable-incidence canard spanning 2.60m was fitted - this having been earlier tested by a Ye-6T - and it was proposed to install Sapfir 21 radar to accompany an armament of two K-13 AAMs. The first of two prototypes, the Ye-8/1, was flown on 17 April 1962, followed on 29 June by the Ye-8/2. On 11 September, the R-21F engine of the Ye-8/1 exploded at Mach=1.7 at 10000m. It was subsequently ascertained that the sixth compressor stage fan had penetrated the engine casing and had then continued on to destroy the starboard aileron. At this time, the Ye-8/2 had effected 13 flights, but the programme was abandoned.

Was it the first jet designed with canard wings?
Kris

Wow! Now I'm impressed guys, congrats.:D
Yes, the bird is Mikoyan Ye-8/1 also named MiG-23.To make the puzzle harder I've removed the Red Stars from wings and the fin,also its number on fuselage.The a/c should have been equipped with the Fire Control System S-23 but because of problems with the system and troubles with the R21F-300 engine the project was given up.

Wingnut, ex-CAC employee? Stop holding back and start posting some of your experiences! I'd like to see some threads on some remarkable CAC aircraft and their projects. Were you involved in the Wamira project? Was CAC still around then?

In the meantime two more to ponder..

The Piper Super Cub is the chase plane. What is it chasing?

The pilot in the 'research' jet is Lockheed test pilot "Fish" Salmon.

The year is 1977.

No ideas friends? Oh yes, it's good to have people to ask and wikipedia ;)

It's a Ball-Bartoe JW-1 Jetwing, a 1970's research aircraft.

Oh, and I had an idea to make it more of a challenge: How about "he who knows the answer will give the next question"? Asking for hints is allowed of course.

Here's my next question:

It's a Ball-Bartoe JW-1 Jetwing, a 1970's research aircraft.

Bravo! Well done Krabat! I thought that it was going to fall into the 'unsolvable' file again.

Yours?...(I like the AviaQuiz touch-still playing?) I'm thinking of a Fish, a Spear and a Fairey, but not in that order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back