Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

unknownaircraft.gif

Getting more obscure now. It wasn't actually built though, but nearly.

I was thinking that. It looks like the engine could be a Griffon 85 with contra-rotating props married to a Tempest/Spitfre/Mustang kind of airframe. :lol:

I can't help but think it's Italian though.

i've never actually seen that one before..........

(i copied the adress and actually looked at the pic on the site lol, it doesn't say what it is though)

Lockheed L-1000 experimental jet fighter, using an axial flow jet engine with afterburner dating from 1937 which was called the XJ 37. The engine had problems tho.
The plane used thrusters for roll control, like a spaceship

The contraprop Fury look-alike is puzzling

the lancaster kicks ass said:
i've never actually seen that one before..........

(i copied the adress and actually looked at the pic on the site lol, it doesn't say what it is though)

Thats because theyre on image hosting sites... :D

I really dont know what the top one is. Im sure I recognise from somewhere though.

Smokey said:
Lockheed L-1000 experimental jet fighter, using an axial flow jet engine with afterburner dating from 1937 which was called the XJ 37. The engine had problems tho.
The plane used thrusters for roll control, like a spaceship

The contraprop Fury look-alike is puzzling
The engine was called the L-1000, The plane it self is called the L-133,

Yeah, there is very little info on the plane

Its a real shame that there were problems with the jet engine and some of the bosses in the USAF didn't trust the new technology. As a result it didn't go into service

It makes even modern jets look ancient

Want me to tell you about the Fury lookalike? Its not surprising it looks like a Fury really.

The Germans were closer to getting the Sanger Hypersonic Orbital bomber to work than the US was of getting the L-133 to fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back