Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For Graeme;

I'm sorry to be insistant but can you tel me in wich book do you find this photo and explanations about the bastet.

Thank you very mutch!

Armstrong Whitworth's AW16

Awww! I was thinking about the Siskin and Bulldog and threw them away. Sooo close! :rolleyes:

And a different one: In the glass nose of what aircraft is this guy sitting?

Krabat

In the glass nose of what aircraft is this guy sitting?

A very young Alan Arkin sitting in a B-25 for the 1970 film classic, Catch 22. Have you seen him in 'Little Miss Sunshine'?..very funny film!

New one...

A very young Alan Arkin sitting in a B-25 for the 1970 film classic, Catch 22.

Jepp, too easy. But it's my favourite aviation movie (maybe equaled by the original "Flight of the Phoenix", I refuse to aknowledge the existence of the remake :rolleyes: ). Among my Top 10 movies (together with films like "Silent Running" and "Dead Men don't wear plaid")

Have you seen him in 'Little Miss Sunshine'?..very funny film!

Unfortunately not. But I've seen him even younger in "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming." (with a young Carl Reiner). One of the best films with a cold war theme. Very Dr.Strangelovesque. :lol:

Krabat

Yepp, the MiG-31. And there is another philosophical question, together with "Why are we here?" and "Why do people think digital watches are a good idea?". It is the question every one of us ponders about for months:

"Is Graeme sleeping some time or other?" :D

Krabat

Blackburn Beverley... :lol:

Attachments

• 20712beverley1-med.jpg
    20712beverley1-med.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 000010.jpeg
    000010.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 93
You had a good sleep too Wingnut!? Damn, I had forgotten that you had a long association with Blackburn!

I was an apprentice there back in 1962, my first job was manufacturing spare flaps etc. for Beverley's.... before moving on to Buccaneers.

Also flew in Bev's a few times in the RAF from Khormaksar (Aden) to Sharjah and Masirah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back