Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi, this my first post in here. Is it alright if I join in?

If anyone can identify this aircraft I would also be grateful for any additional info anyone can supply me with.

fdc80850.jpg

Excellent, thank you, that is exactly what I was hoping for. That image, and subsequently the only info I had on the plane, are from the 1938 Janes All the Worlds Aircraft so I have been wondering 'what happened next'?

...been wondering 'what happened next'?

The Belgian government bought Hurricanes.

Oh, and Hi, I'm back too. Looks like the forum doesn't work when I'm away :lol:

Krabat

Let's just use the pics. Krabat
Hi Krabat,

My thought is to create a separate thread (if allowed-as in some ways it would be similar to this thread) and each 72 hr image would be downloaded to the forum for discussion/identification. If you post them here, the inference is that the poster knows the answer. The difference being, as you know, no one 'actually' knows the answer. What are your thoughts?

The above is American.

AviaQuiz - Name That Plane!

Yes, thats the better idea. Let's do it when the next pic comes up.

This one looks somewhat like a Packard LePere LUSAC, maybe a variant or a planned successor...

O.K. I got it: LUSAC-11 altitude record airplane

Krabat

any guesses?.

Lazy bastard that I am, I always view the forum in a 'not logged in' status, until something 'bites' me, comiso.

Your image has "siemtopglider" viewable in your post above. So I thought what the heck, lets google that. One of only two hits was this...

"Watson's Wizards" and the Me-262 - rec.aviation.military | Google Groups

A thread from a forum with some guys arguing (very entertaining) about Hanna Reitsch Vs Eric Brown. I thought that it was completely unrelated, but some how, they started talking about cruise missiles/glide bombs, and there it was, the Siemens WW1 glidebomb.

Siemens torpedo glider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'power' of the internet never ceases to amaze me.

It helps to be a good "Googler"... I should have renamed the pic before I posted!

It looks like something made in a garage... very cool!

Good job Sherlock!

Can you tell me what is this plane please?,Thanks!8)

Mine from above,
-Only one built.
-Japanese.
-Flew "well", until it crashed!
The Kaibo Gikai KB Experimental Flying-Boat...

Yes, thats the better idea. Let's do it when the next pic comes up.

Okay.

O.K. I got it: LUSAC-11 altitude record airplane

That's the one...

Packard-Le Peré LUSAC-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still think it's amazing that googling that alphabet soup produced 'hits'.

It really works. A few weeks ago i posted a collection of pins to identify. One of them had kyrillic letters and I translated them 1:1 and put in google "ukrvosduchputch". And voila, a long defunct ukrainian airline.

... arguing (very entertaining) about Hanna Reitsch Vs Eric Brown.

By the way. Winkle Brown will be in Munich on June 5th speaking about late war german aircraft technology. I will be there, even with a good quantum of caution and doubt because of the good old "oral history" thing. :lol: Mind you, he's well over 80 years old now.

Krabat

Thanks Graeme!

I trusted that you spok about an other plane in different post!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back