Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm impressed: I got the pic from Wikipedia, but I didn't think you got it that fast. Those 20mm tail guns in the Betty are tough, I got shot down by them at least twice in my P-38. I remember one particular mission when the literally ripped apart Chris' Lightning.

Krabat

Nice drawing! I always preferred Commando books where the drawings of the aircraft were accurate looking

Here's one to have a go at, it is a bit obscure.

Is there any sort of ruling on the types of pictures posted here? Do they have to be '30's/WW2 or can you post anything?

Hi Waynos!

Is there any sort of ruling on the types of pictures posted here? Do they have to be '30's/WW2 or can you post anything?

If you look back it appears we have gotten away with just about any aircraft in the history of aviation!

Here's one to have a go at, it is a bit obscure.

Sorry Waynos. but you'll have to accept that others have Jane's '38...

The Hall XPTBH-1.

Here's one not in the '38...

"Sorry Waynos. but you'll have to accept that others have Jane's '38..."

lol, fair enough. scratch that as a source then, or better still - don't announce where they come from

As to your pic, I haven't a clue - it looks a bit 1932, but the '38 Janes is my oldest source. I shall have to dig deep or wait for somebody else to get it.

btw, are unbuilt projects allowed or must they have flown? Some unbuilt projects are obviously just a designers doodles but some progressed quite far without flying obviously.

I shall have to dig deep .

No need Waynos. Try looking for a BLERIOT design.

btw, are unbuilt projects allowed or must they have flown? Some unbuilt projects are obviously just a designers doodles but some progressed quite far without flying obviously.

Personally, if they weren't constructed or at least a mock-up that was photographed, then they shouldn't be here. As you pointed out 'designer doodle' numbers would be in the 'tens' of thousands.

I found it, the Bleriot 111! I did think it was a Bleriot but didn't want to guess in case I was miles out and looked stupid, lol.

"if they weren't constructed or at least a mock-up that was photographed, " that sounds like a very sensible demarcation.

Here's one that shouldn't be difficult, I include it here because I like it

Same place as yours because I had to crop that very caption off to post it. I forget which book (its been on my pc a very long time) but its one of several 'worst planes' books I have.

Here's another entertaining photo, id the plane?

Looks more like a Wirraway, though the USAAF symbol...

And the span looks a bit short for either a T-6 or a Wirraway, and it apears to be a single-seater, possably a Boomerang, that insignia still bothers me though...

Users who are viewing this thread