Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1 looks to me like the Curtis X-19. When I was a youngster, we often drove past Curtis-Wright's hangars at Caldwell-Wright field. I remember, one evening, seeing the X-19 and its smaller brother in the hangar.

Correct Captain...

No. 2 looks like a Hercules, for the others - no idea yet. What's in it for the winner, Graeme? Some australian beer perhaps? :lol:

Sorry Krabat but the personal beer stock is low. I'm sure the satisfaction of a 'job well done' will suffice.:D

CLUES…
Number 1. A British research jet investigating the Concorde wing configuration. (AviaQuiz)
Number 2. French STOL transport.
Number 3. French light plane. Prop at front and tail. Named after planet in the Solar System.
Number 4. American VTOL research aircraft.
Number 5. Japanese transport. Initially had pylon mounted turboprops, but this changed soon after.

Number 6. Correct again Captain, the MMB HFB 320 Hansa.
Of the rest, the last looks like Hansa's reverse-sweep jet to me.CD

Number 1. BAC 221 (Krabat)

Number 2. Breguet 941 (Krabat)

Number 3. French light plane. Prop at front and tail. Named after a planet in the Solar System.

Number 4. American VTOL research aircraft.

Number 5
. Japanese transport. Initially had pylon mounted turboprops, but this changed soon after.

Number 6. MMB HFB 320 Hansa (Captain Dunsel)

3 Moynet Jupiter
4 Lockheed XV-4 Hummingbird
5 mitsubishi MU-2

IMG0013.jpg

From World champs. in scale RC, Oslo, Norway, 1986.

This model was built and flown by a french monsieur who I think was a World Champion in 1980. Not sure if it was with this plane.

3 Moynet Jupiter
4 Lockheed XV-4 Hummingbird
5 mitsubishi MU-2

Nicely done paaln. That completes the six. Thanks guys!

There was a plan to power the Jupiter with a turboprop in the front and a jet in the rear. Matra (French missile experts) were going to market it as the Matra Moynet 2000, which was claimed to have an estimated range of 1,400miles at 400 mph. No idea if it was built.

Looks like the Stinson Model A Tri-Motor.

Way back in 1987 at the cost of $75,000, Kennedy Miller made a replica of the Model A for an Australian TV mini-series titled "Riddle of the Stinson" that told the story of the crash, survival and rescue of a Model A passengers in 1937.

I remember walking through the replica which was once hangered at Wangaratta Airworld museum. Certainly more realistic from the outside. Sadly Airworld closed down a number of years ago.

Australian Film Commission: Searchable Film Database
Wangaratta Tourist Attraction, Air World

I remember walking through the replica which was once hangered at Wangaratta Airworld museum. Certainly more realistic from the outside. Sadly Airworld closed down a number of years ago.

I also remember the Stinson at Joe Drages Airworld in Wangaratta, it was not there last time i passed through in 2006. However it is now the home of Murray Griffiths "Precision Aerospace" and is involved in the restoration of various WW2 aircraft including some rare Japanese aircraft as well as P40s and P39s.

There were still a few aircraft of the Drage collection there including C47, Mirrage III, Wirraway, Wackett Trainer and CAC Winjeel and DH Drover.

Wangaratta Australia , Murray Griffiths restorations pictures from aviation photos on webshots

Stupidstupidstupid. :rolleyes: O.K., you had it coming. :twisted: Krabat

Don't knock yourself Krabat, It has become a very long thread.

Polikarpov I-400?

Wingnuts, thanks for the Wangaratta update. My brother use to live in Melbourne (Wonga Park) and every time we visited I made sure we stopped at Air World along the way.

Looks fast. It's neither Hawker nor Gloster, probably a US plane?

There should be thing like the "Rothmaler" (in Germany a standard work to identify plants) for aircraft. Put in for example number of engines, wings, seats and you got a selection of planes. Then finetune the thing and you got fewer every time. In the end you got it. Just an idea that came on my way to work this morning.

Krabat

Looks fast. It's neither Hawker nor Gloster, probably a US plane?

British. Exported to China.

Just an idea that came on my way to work this morning.Krabat

Typical German inventiveness? Excellent idea, let me know when you build one!

Someone in this forum mentioned an 'image search engine' where with some programme you enter a picture or photo and it searches the internet for similar images. It'd be good for AviaQuiz.

Not a lot on it Kris. Googling produced nothing, which I thought made it 'perfect' for the thread! Appropriate that he had a history of making 3-wheeled cars. Powered only by a 45 hp Salmson 9 ADB 9-cyl, air- cooled radial.
From Janes 1962-63.

Hello every body!

I'm sorry to be away since a long time.I want to ask at graeme what was the nationality about this plane 8) I think it's frenche but I'm not sure a hall...

Thank you four ask!

Good bye :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back