Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Till someone finds out what Marco's #3708 is, can someone identify this?
carson

The Monte-Copter Model 15 Triphibian, a product of Monte-Copter Inc. of Seattle. Here are some of there earlier designs which culminated with the Triphibian...

The Monte-Copter Model 15 Triphibian, a product of Monte-Copter Inc. of Seattle. Here are some of there earlier designs which culminated with the Triphibian...

Yes Graeme that's what it is and thanks for showing pics of this genealogy of this interesting chopper!
carson

I'll try another:

mystery9.jpg

I thought you was right, carson, but these pics I've found on Aerofiles site are a bit misleading to me :eek:

edo-ose.jpg

and this is said to be XOSE-1 again (?)
edo-xose1.jpg

Cheers

Hi Marco
Aerofiles is also misleading for me.
There is a pic of XOSE1 with normal landing gear and of XOSE2 as a floatplane. Then again there is a pic of XOSE1 as floatplane!
As a result we don't know which is which:shock:
Cheers
carson

Hi Graeme, the Edo XOSE-1

Correct. How are you Emilio? I see you're continuing to rocket up the AviaQuiz charts! :)

Wasn't the EDO XOSE supposed to be a floatplane?:shock:
carson

Hi Carson! It is. The undercarriage was called "Ferry Gear." Simply a method of moving the machine for cross-country flying. The wheels were then replaced with floats, and back into the water.

Correct. How are you Emilio? I see you're continuing to rocket up the AviaQuiz charts! :)

Hi Carson! It is. The undercarriage was called "Ferry Gear." Simply a method of moving the machine for cross-country flying. The wheels were then replaced with floats, and back into the water.

Thanks for the information Graeme.
BTW may I also take this opportunity to congratulate Emilio on his numerous medals won at Aviaquiz.
carson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back